Louisville, KY

Holy Spirit School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
A have had kids here for three years now, we transferred from another catholic school. Overall I have had a terrible experience with Holy Spirit. The principal is terrible, she doesn't get involved with the kids at all. She is very angry every time I see her. My kid has ADHD and he is singled out most of the time. Sometimes he'll come home and cry, saying the teacher called him stupid. I was furious so I called the counselor and she was no help, just ignored my calls. My other kid does not have a learning disability but actually he accels the entire class in most subjects. The school will not conform to him and I feel as if he is not prepared for high school. If your child is very smart or has a disability then don't send them here. Only send your child if they are "average," I just wouldn't send your child here at all.

Posted July 23, 2012
We have been at Holy Spirit for 5 years. Our children have had great academic success at this school. It is large enough to have 2 classes per grade but small enough that the principal and teachers know our kids names and grade levels. The teachers would call me at home or come to my car at carpool with concerns they had. ( I encouraged communication to address things quickly). The students go to mass weekly and in 2nd grade there is a focus on faith and First Communion. There is a preoccupation on football and trophies with quite a few parents, although the principal is not interested so much, which I liked. This year they had some great after-school camps such as "Harry Potter potions" and creative art for the Holidays... Great school

Posted September 12, 2009

Posted May 02, 2008

Posted April 29, 2008

Posted December 04, 2007

Posted November 16, 2007
We were new to Holy Spirit last year after transfering from another Catholic school in Louisville. Holy Spirit is a godsend to our family. The principal is spectacular. She is very involved and energetic. All of the teachers have been very impressive. We love the small, friendly feel of Holy Spirit. Discipline is handled appropriately and parents, for the most part, are not ridiculously competitive. The administration does a beautiful job of keeping parents involved but not letting them take over by running the school.

Posted October 21, 2007
The Blue Ribbon Award is based on a set formula of complaince. Holy Spirit along with some other area (Catholic Schools only qualify) schools received this award. It is somewhat misleading. While greateful that Holy Spirit does assist children with special needs, it does seem to fail to assist children that are brighter than average, leaving them ill- prepared for high school. We compete in AA league of sports not AAA. There is day care program after school. Teachers vary as far as quality, most are average. Extra activities include sports, scrapobooking and photography for older kids.

Posted October 10, 2007
Holy Spirit was just given the honor of a Blue Ribbon School - which puts it in a class all by itself. We are thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful school.

Posted October 08, 2007
The carpool seems to always be in transition, always changing. They offer basic sports and play in the smaller league not the top league. The offer football basketball swimming volleyball. They really do not have an Arts department but have art class and music class. They are able to accomidate my child that requires an IEP (Individual Education Plan) for some learning deficiances, that is the main reason we are there. A lot of Catholic Elm. schools will not bend for that.

Holy Spirit School