Louisville, KY

Posted August 17, 2014
Trinity High School treats each student as an individual and there is an atmosphere of excellence - pushing students to be men of character and academically successful. They do not have a magic bullet - just a very dedicated staff.

Posted September 25, 2013
I was quite saddened about the previous poster. I graduated from Trinity just last year and am currently a freshman in college at University of Dayton. Freshman and half of my sophomore year I was in the above/accelerated Honors program. For the remainder of my sophomore year and high school career at Trinity I was in the academically extensive Advanced program. Trinity provided me with a phenomenal education and allowed me to grow as a man and in my faith. I scored a 32 on my ACT and received a generous scholarship from Dayton. I played intramural sports just to have fun and keep busy, but was not part of any varsity athletics. Most athletes at Trinity aren't cliquey and are friends with a variety of students. I feel as though I received an education that I couldn't have gotten at any other high school in Louisville.

Trinity High School 1

Posted July 22, 2013
Everyone reads in the paper how special THS in Louisville is. It is special. The problem is if your a non athlete or a student with a learning disability you will be lost here. Before someone jumps on here and says I'm wrong" I lived it ."" I Saw It from other students." I attended here as we had a family tradition here. I was told the traditional program would help me develop socially and academically. I was wrong. The classes at that level are watered down. I will say my saving blessing was I had Mr Kale for english which helped me tremendously. I was given no guidance from the school counselor my junior year or senior year. I had no one ask me what I wanted to do or what college I like to attend. Thanks to Mr Kale and a after school studying session he offered I was able to stay motivated and attended and graduated from Murray State University. I want to conclude this review saying Trinity is a special place. But they need to re-look at the traditional program so all students who attend Trinity have the chance to grow and develop a vision or path for success. I still cheer for THS but always wish I could help students like me that go there and feel lost. Good Luck!

Posted September 23, 2012
Due to employment demands our family has lived in many cities around the nation and our children have attended multiple schools. I can say from my own experiences with a variety of learning institutions that Trinity High School offers tremendous opportunities, academically, socially, and athletically. Nine out of ten teachers hold a Master's degree or higher, state-of-the-art technology is used daily, and nine academic/guidance counselors on staff for approximately 1,400 students. 98 percent of the recent (2012) graduating class is attending higher education. I believe PARENTS hold the primary responsibility for educating and leading their children. If you are actively engaged in your children's education and development into positive, productive humans and are looking for an environment, staff, and administration that supports and fosters working to one's full potential, giving back to others, and respect, this school is a great choice. Our family doesn't happen to be Catholic but we have never been made to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome because of our differing faith. We chose this school for our sons based on quality of EDUCATION offered, not religious tenets.

Posted August 22, 2012
My son is in his junior year at Trinity. The teachers and staff are dedicated to growth and kindness. I believe that we are fortunate to have such an outstanding school in Louisville. Sports may take the spotlight often, but academics is excellent. Add to these attributes, the teachings of our Catholic faith, and the environment is ripe for a well balance between mind, body and spirit. It's first choice for a great education. I am proud to be a part of Trinity High School.

Trinity High School 1

Posted August 20, 2011
trintity was a great school and i loved that everyone was like family, but there are alot of drugs and drinking going on there.

Trinity High School 0

Posted August 27, 2009
Very welcoming school, they want everyone to achieve their full potential and they do it. I like the manners and the discipline that they instill in the the boys. It has been a great life changing experience for my son. Extremely organized school that is always working to improve. Excellent sports programs too.

Posted December 18, 2008
Very pleased with the academics, the caring attitude and the way the school instills manners in the students. My son uses 'Thank You' and 'Please' more now than I expected (without having to remindhim about it). It's a shame we can't replicate this across the board in the non-private school environment, since the cost of private school tuition prohibits most people from being able to attend.

Posted December 04, 2008
the atmosphere of Trinity is one of a very close family. i attended Trinity for my first three years of high school and after i switched i always missed the feeling of belonging that i had at Trinity

Posted November 28, 2008
I dont know what happened to th eformer student whorated the school as a 1 star. He is obviously disgruntled for some personal reason. It was a great school and experience.

Trinity High School