Posted May 02, 2012
We sent 3 children through St. Polycarp and then St. Andrew. They received a great education with teachers who really did have their best interest at heart. I highly recommend it. There is always something you won't like anywhere you go but they try hard to work with you and your children.

St. Andrew Academy 0

Posted March 05, 2010
I first want to stress the family feel. They would receive a B for this. There is no way you get this in a public school. My small complaint is the way the behavior issues are dealt with. In school detention for in school behavior should be setup. Instead they have to write their name in a binder, then communication notes. I support the teachers and if a child is distracting the class they need in-school detention. The real issue is for the gifted children. There is not one catholic school in the southwest part of the county that has anything for gifted children. There are programs that exist, Saints Stephen Martyr school states it pools resources in 'REGION 5' for these children. They attend special classes. Because of this my child and others in the class are looking at other schools and public schools. We can blame the Louisville Archodiocese for this

Posted November 29, 2009
The review from the October 14th post is totally false. Looks as though it was written by a child. I am very happy and pleased with this school. A lot of knew things in place to help with the review of math and reading. Simple Solutions, AR, and First in Math. Check out this school before listening to someone else who looks like they need to go back to school themselves.

St. Andrew Academy 3

Posted October 14, 2009
My kids have gone here sense they where 2 yrs old,we left last year 2 girls 1- 6th grade 1-8th grade.the 8th grader was a (A) student at this school but whole class struggled to make public school testing a step down.The 6th grader is a very smart kid did not learn anything from this school an many left to go to better schools.We wasted $60 k on this school education at this school is low,we went to a christian school BHCS and their student are so smart an a year ahead of this school,dont waste your money.

St. Andrew Academy 4

Posted October 05, 2009
Making gains with reading program. Expectations for the children are where I feel they should be. Dress codes and conduct is what you would expext in a private school. Only area I feel needs to be addressed for advanced children. There seems to be no path for these children. Overall I feel they are moving in the right direction. It's has a nice family feel when you attend events, ect.

Posted October 05, 2004
I have two children that go to St. Polycarp (3rd and 7th grade), they love their school and the activites that they are in. We have a wonderful staff, PTO, and Booster Club. We all work well together and with the students. I can not ask for a better school for my children to go to.

Posted August 29, 2004
I love everything about the school.All my grand children will attend this school. It #1 in my books.

St. Andrew Academy
7724 Columbine Dr, Louisville, KY  40258
Last modified St. Andrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Andrew Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.