Louisville, KY

Posted March 10, 2014
My daughters have attended Beth Haven since kindergarten. They are now in third grade. Each and every year the teachers and staff have expressed true interest in my child as well as my entire family. From a simple email in the middle of the day to let me know my child is doing fine to taking a few minutes to let me know if my child is struggling with a particular subject and suggestions for helping them, it is apparent that the well being and success of the students is a number one priority. The weekly chapel services allow the children to come together to worship the Lord with their classmates.My children are in a positive, secure environment free from bullying and ridicule and are treated with love and respect not only from the staff and teachers but from their classmates as well..

Beth Haven Christian School 4

Posted June 23, 2012
My child has attended BH from first to eighth grade and will continue there through graduation. There have been ups and downs, that can be expected at any school. Some teachers we have had better experiences with than others. I can say, if you are expecting to send your child to a school free from child "drama" you will be on the search for a lifetime. There are sometimes issues between the children, but in our experience they have all been age appropriate, which is much better than what you may find in a public school. We have found that getting to know the staff and the other parents through class parties, and volunteering for events has helped us keep any issues to a minimum. No school is perfect, even a Christina based one, because even Christians are people.

Posted March 13, 2012
My daughter attended this school for 6 months. During time she was bullied. Her teacher assured me that thematter would be takencared of, but little changed. There were times that my daughter's class was left unattened while the teacher performed other duties. Daily lunch time was also poorly staffed. Periodically, no adult would be in the cafeteria (for short periods of time). The tuition seemed resonable, but when all of the additional fees were added in, I ended up paying more than I should have paid. The books were over priced at 300.00. She now attends another private school; they use the same exact books, but her current school charged 110.00 less and she even got more books from the Abeka Curriculum. Save your money, check out other schools; however, if you do decided to send your child here, please be watchful. Although they do have anonline method to communicate concerns and check on your child's progress, I did not always get answers to my concerns. I could never seem to get a real understanding of the homework requirements either. Well good luck, i hope that this review helps.

Posted January 30, 2012
I don't know how the rest of the school is, but if it's anything like how the 5th - 6th grade boys basketball team is taught, then the word "Christian" needs to be removed from the school name. Teamwork is not something that is evident in how the boys on this carry themselves. Elbows flying (even before the game started) were common place. I never saw the coaches correct this, only high fives as the boys came off the court. Kids screaming in their opponent's face as they ran down the court also took place. As a Christian, I was very disappointed in how this team conducted themselves.

Posted October 14, 2009
have 2 kids they spent most years at catholic schools one went till 8th grade and other transfer at 6th grade they learned nothing compare to this school st andrew academy was a waste of money an time, most out of this school had to tutered to make the public system. if i only knew now ,my kid would of went to beth haven from the start smarter program and smarter kids

Posted December 07, 2008
i absolutley love this school!!! the teachers and faculty are the best.my child is learning so much it is hard for me to keep up.

Posted December 01, 2008
I do not like this school. My child was not learning. They combined the honors and generals which is not wise. The school had internal problems and the dicipline is terrible.

Posted July 17, 2008
I would highly recomend this school to any parent worried about where to send your child! my daughter has been at bethhaven since kindergarten and now will be entering second grade she has had some of the best teachers i belive there is. She has built great friendships with all her class mates as well as students in upper classes. The high school kids are great with the little ones .The education has been unbelivable the small class i belive has made it possible for the children to learn more accuratley and faster i recomend this school to any one who not only wants there child to have a great education but learn in a good christian enviroment .Go bearcats

Posted March 30, 2008

Posted June 05, 2007
My children have attended this school for five years. They were accepted as newcomers and have built strong relationships with their peers. The teachers genuinely care about the children and desire to see the students succeed. This, in my opinion, is the best school in Southern Louisville. They are strong in academics, athletics and they are striving to build a strong arts program as well.

Beth Haven Christian School
5515 Johnsontown Road, Louisville, KY  40272
Last modified Beth Haven Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Beth Haven Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top