Louisville, KY
Students enrolled: 3,000
Before care: Yes

Posted June 19, 2014
This is a terrible school. The students are absolutely ruthless. My brother and I transferred out as quickly as we could. The administration does not care for the students, as my brother received death threats, and they did nothing about it. They education isn't much better than the public school's. It isn't worth it at all. Send your child to a catholic school if you are looking for a fantastic educational and friendly experience, even if you aren't catholic, as I am not.

Posted May 28, 2014
They claim to want to focus on building a child in wisdom and stature like Jesus and to partner with parents in educating their children. Beware, if your child does not fit into their specific "learning box" they will find a way to weed you out. I believe this is to keep their numbers up, so they have pretty PowerPoints to show to parents at orientations. Their learning is very focused on auditory learning, so if your child is visual or kinesthetic, they will will struggle. Sadly, most younger children are not auditory and they do not make adjustments for the other learning styles in the classroom. If you child has any learning disabilities, even the most minor, they will not be willing to work with you on a specific plan for your child. I had such high hopes at this school and after one year there was so sadly disappointed. I would never recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 28, 2014
When my two oldest children went to CAL and excelled and were also well prepared for two of the best universities in the nation, I knew it was an awesome school. However, It wasn't until we moved away and tried to find a comparable school for my youngest in other cities, that we realized that CAL is in a class of its own!! The academics are superb and the spiritual foundation was was beyond reproach. We could not imagine sending our children to any other school if we lived in Louisville!

Posted October 24, 2013
Do not make the mistake of sending your children to this horrible school. I am a freshman currently at this school and am stuck going to this school because my parents can't afford to send me to a better school. The students there are stuck up, mean, and just plain unfriendly. Not a good environment at all. The teachers are too busy to help the students out so the students are basically on their own. It is also very overpriced and not worth the tuition. Sometimes I wonder if even public school would be better then this pathetic joke of a school. This school has a huge problem with bullying and is extremely competitive, and not in a good way. The school only wants your money, they don't care about you. They are prejudice towards the richer students that don't donate to the school. Everyone there are hypocrites. "Christian" is just a mask they put up, on the inside people there only care about themselves.

Posted November 04, 2012
I currently attend Christian Academy, and am in high school. I've been going here for almost all of my school years. I love this school. I feel like, as an honors and AP student, I'm being challenged in my classes. My teachers are not only there to back me up and help me when I need it, but they have been incredible role models and have supported me in my faith. I know people have been disappointed in the some of the students from Christian Academy, but that should not be put on the school. Any school you look at will have students that don't necessary reflect what it stands for; that doesn't make the school itself any different. The athletic program has taken leaps in the past year and really made an impression. The music program cannot be overlooked, it has really moved forward in the past few years. In all honesty, the chapels have varied from causing me to completely check out to making me rethink a lot of things (in a good way). This year, however, I feel like a lot has changed and they have gotten much better, as well as helped me to strengthen my relationship with God. To sum this all up, I absolutely love my school, I can't imagine going anywhere else.

Christian Academy of Louisville 2

Posted October 12, 2012
I graduated from CAL in 2012, and I would never recommend it to any parent. At CAL I took almost every AP class I could and received all A's. After comparing with friends who went to other schools I do not feel I received any better of an education, and as a college student I can say it does no better a job preparing your student than any other school. After attending for 6 years there is only a handful of teachers that are truly worth the tuition. This school does not reflect Christian values. It is all politics and very hypocritical. Your child will not be surrounded by godly leaders like you are lead to believe. The administration is callused and unprofessional. This school has a problem with bullying, drugs,and students sleeping around; Christian Academy just does a very good job of covering this up. My advice is do not waste your time.

Posted May 22, 2012
My daughter just finished her last day at CAL last Friday. She was a student there from Kindergarden through senior. CAL is all she knows. As a child I went to Jefferson County Public schools. Watching what she was learning and how to apply this to the Christian worldviews was wonderful. Yes in a period of 13yrs we had our issues and they were taken care of. My daughter showed learning issues in elementry and began a program they offer. If was expensive, but worth it. Without that program she would not have been able to stay. Her learing development caught up with her age and things worked out fine. Yes some of the work is difficult esp. comparing to public. But remember our public schools are not getting the students to college readiness. Everytime I run into a previous CAL student and ask them how college is they say; fine so far nothing that I haven't already done at CAL. My daughter went to the English station campus in middle and high and it was different than the Rock Creek, not in a bad way just in size. . These are some of the best teachers in the state, and I state the fact that they are the LEAST paid in the state as well. They stay because they love our children and God

Christian Academy of Louisville 3

Posted March 06, 2012
Without going into long drawn out detail, we are very happy that our children no longer attend CAL. Having now expierenced an alternative, we have clearly been spending way more money then the school is worth. We do not have anger or animosity toward the school or staff, but the benefits of how much you pay in tuition are truly not there. After one of our children made all A's and B's at CAL, they did not even test high enough to get into the advanced classes in the public school. That is not saying very much about their high academic standards that they promote so strongly. Just be careful before you spend all that money for an avereage education.

Christian Academy of Louisville 3

Posted January 04, 2011
Having several children who attend CAL, both at the Rock Creek & English Station campus, I have to admit that with the amount of tution paid, you would expect more support if a child is having difficulties in some areas. The school itself, I feel, is teaching advanced methods to "Average" children and when an "average" student falls behind, there is no help unless you enroll them in the "Teach" program, which is roughly the same amount as tution alone. With such small classrooms, you would expect one on one help, but this isn't the case. I feel they push the children too hard, A LOT of pressure is put on these children. The family-feel of the school isn't as strong anymore, which has been sad to watch. This was the best thing about this school, in my opinion. It would be helpful if they would roll out extra help for those students who need it. Something is missing. Not a fan of the new F&F program, as well as many other parents. TOO much for young children. They need to focus on the CHILDREN more when it comes to learning vs. pushing them so hard. It's disappointing.

Posted October 18, 2010
Very organised, way of teaching, christ centered education. There is love and oneness among the teachers and children. Has a very encouraging Principal

Christian Academy of Louisville
Christian Academy School System - PK, Elementary, Middle and High School - English Station, Indiana, Rock Creek and Southwest, Louisville, KY  40207
Last modified Christian Academy of Louisville is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Christian Academy of Louisville Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top