Bad
Good

Both of my kids go here and it has been a great school so far! The principle has always seemed very nice and both of the kids have had awesome teachers. One will be in 1st and the other in 2nd. Great environment.

I think the rating of a 4 is very low for this school, they should at least be a 6 or 7. Years ago before Mrs. Robertson was brought in as principal I would say a 4 would be right, but with the new staff and administration at Overdale, they are a much better school now. They have many extra activities for the kids including drama club, choir and band, honor classes, student television production and many others! Definitely a wonderful school, and their testing scores have gone up tremendously over the past 5 years as well!! PTA at Overdale is also wonderful!!

I went to school at Overdale from K-5 and I loved it there!! The principal and teachers are great! They have lots of afterschool stuff, and the school building itself is really nice, and new!

I am glad they finally got a new school, they really needed one, but they are very UNORGANIZED. Yesterday, Sept 23,2010 my 8 year old grandson was on a bus for 1 1/2 hours. There was no way to find out what happened, no one answered phone at school or Board of Education. If they had an accident, no one would know and no one knows the bus route to even check on kids. Why isn't there an emergency phone number when these things happen?????

My son was three years old when he first started preschool at Overdale. He was having some speech issues and we looked into getting him evaluated to see if we could get him into the Headstart program. After being evaluated at Overdale Elem, his speech wasn't as bad as we thought so they allowed him to start preschool there. He stayed in preschool at Overdale for two years. I must say that doing this helped his speech tremendously! He's currently five years old and talks nonstop now! He is actually going to be in Kindergarten tomorrow and he is very excited!

now that overdale has new leadership it is a nicer school.mrs.robertson is very kid friendly.the staff is very nice.can't wait till construction is done.

I have two children in Overdale. The teachers are pretty good. The principle needs to smile and act like she likes the kids. Every time I am there, I have never seen her smile or interact with the kids. I feel if you are going to be a principle at an elementary school, you need to make the environment alittle bit fun , at the least. Other then the principle, Overdale isnt a bad school.

My son has been going to overdale for 6 years and my daughter for 3 years. All the teachers so far have been great.99 Percent of them. My husband is 45 years old and he went to overdale and says it is still the same. Needs improving.Also new leadership.Fresh young blood.

I have children at Overdale and I think the teachers are exceptional. However, I believe the school needs fresh leadership. It doesn't seem to be a very 'kid friendly' atmosphere and there are almost no extracurricular activities. There are no sports programs for the children to join. I would love to see the school have more after hours activities for the children to participate in.

Last modified Overdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.