Louisville, KY

Overdale Elementary School 5

Posted February 17, 2014
I think the rating of a 4 is very low for this school, they should at least be a 6 or 7. Years ago before Mrs. Robertson was brought in as principal I would say a 4 would be right, but with the new staff and administration at Overdale, they are a much better school now. They have many extra activities for the kids including drama club, choir and band, honor classes, student television production and many others! Definitely a wonderful school, and their testing scores have gone up tremendously over the past 5 years as well!! PTA at Overdale is also wonderful!!

Overdale Elementary School 5

Posted February 17, 2014
I went to school at Overdale from K-5 and I loved it there!! The principal and teachers are great! They have lots of afterschool stuff, and the school building itself is really nice, and new!

Overdale Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2010
I am glad they finally got a new school, they really needed one, but they are very UNORGANIZED. Yesterday, Sept 23,2010 my 8 year old grandson was on a bus for 1 1/2 hours. There was no way to find out what happened, no one answered phone at school or Board of Education. If they had an accident, no one would know and no one knows the bus route to even check on kids. Why isn't there an emergency phone number when these things happen?????

Posted August 10, 2009
My son was three years old when he first started preschool at Overdale. He was having some speech issues and we looked into getting him evaluated to see if we could get him into the Headstart program. After being evaluated at Overdale Elem, his speech wasn't as bad as we thought so they allowed him to start preschool there. He stayed in preschool at Overdale for two years. I must say that doing this helped his speech tremendously! He's currently five years old and talks nonstop now! He is actually going to be in Kindergarten tomorrow and he is very excited!

Posted June 12, 2009
now that overdale has new leadership it is a nicer school.mrs.robertson is very kid friendly.the staff is very nice.can't wait till construction is done.

Posted March 31, 2008
I have two children in Overdale. The teachers are pretty good. The principle needs to smile and act like she likes the kids. Every time I am there, I have never seen her smile or interact with the kids. I feel if you are going to be a principle at an elementary school, you need to make the environment alittle bit fun , at the least. Other then the principle, Overdale isnt a bad school.

Overdale Elementary School 2

Posted March 28, 2007
My son has been going to overdale for 6 years and my daughter for 3 years. All the teachers so far have been great.99 Percent of them. My husband is 45 years old and he went to overdale and says it is still the same. Needs improving.Also new leadership.Fresh young blood.

Posted December 01, 2006
I have children at Overdale and I think the teachers are exceptional. However, I believe the school needs fresh leadership. It doesn't seem to be a very 'kid friendly' atmosphere and there are almost no extracurricular activities. There are no sports programs for the children to join. I would love to see the school have more after hours activities for the children to participate in.

Posted November 20, 2005
I have had 2 of my children attend Overdale. The teachers have been very caring and give 110%. I do feel that there needs to be more appreciation for the teachers and volunteers, but it will be hard to find a more loving, caring, educational atmosphere. Renovations or possibly a new school building are in the works and I hope that this district will take every effort to provide a building fitting of its employees and students. Overdale teachers taught my children as they were - human beings and not just numbers, or 'black and white' on testing materials. Thank you Overdale staff!

Overdale Elementary School 1

Posted February 19, 2005
I think they need to seperate kindergarden and first grade. also the principal and some teachers taech o.k. but lower self esteem in the process.

651 Overdale Dr, Louisville, KY  40229
Last modified Overdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Overdale Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top