PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 09, 2016
I really wish I would have known about the Waldorf School of Louisville before!! My daughter has been at Waldorf for a year, and her and I can not be any happier. She thoroughly enjoys going to school every day and has made great friendships with her fellow kindergarten classmates and children from other grades. I am impressed at how caring and helpful her teachers and the teachers of the other kindergarten class are. The school works very hard to create a great community for the children and parents alike. I love that the children are taught to love nature, the arts and music from an early age. The staff at the school is amazing, extremely helpful and supportive!!

Posted September 30, 2013
I'm beginning my 8th year as a parent at the Waldorf School of Louisville and I am still filled with gratitude for the education my children are receiving. The curriculum and Waldorf experience helps support my child's growth as a whole human being, not just one facet of who they are. It allows my children to experience art, beauty, nature, music, science, history, languages and math as living subjects, not just dry topics they have to memorize long enough to pass a test. My children can speak eloquently and with understanding about geometry, then turn around and sing a Norse folk song in three part harmonies with classmates. This education teaches children how to learn, gives them the gift of confidence and allows them to develop as a whole person. I feel confident they will be fully equipped to go out and not just meet the challenges of the world, but bring light and beauty and creative thinking to whatever they encounter.

Posted July 19, 2013
The Waldorf School of Louisville is unlike any other educational institution I have ever encountered. I have two children enrolled in the early childhood program. They are lovingly cared for by teachers who are kind, highly educated, and deeply committed to the development of my children as individuals. While at the Waldorf School of Louisville, I have watched my children's capacity for creativity, self-awareness and compassion grow. As a parent, I understand and appreciate the need for volunteerism and am grateful for the opportunity to bond with the school community through festivals, fundraisers and community celebrations. We are fortunate to have a Waldorf School in our city, as I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else. There is simply no comparison.

Posted July 18, 2013
I have five children- each with different strengths, weaknesses and needs and all of my children have been served well and received a solid education at the Waldorf School of Louisville. I am confident that the foundation that they are given in academics, arts and social interactions will serve them well as they move to high school and beyond. They are becoming passionate, active learners, engaged by the world around them. Subjects are introduced as they are developmentally ready for them so they catch on quickly and the learning goes deeply and does not just become a list of unrelated facts to be memorized. I feel lucky that Louisville is home to a Waldorf school and that it now goes through Grade 8.

Posted July 18, 2013
Thanks to this school, my children are happy at school and willing learners both in and out of the classroom.

Posted July 18, 2013
The emphasis in Waldorf school is on life long learning and provides a sustainable approach to academic success, while preserving many stages of childhood that are so often disregarded. Recent studies on the developing brain have recognized the importance of play, free movement, imagination and creative problem solving. Many parents are questioning the wisdom of over-scheduling, pressures of testing, hours of homework, social and academic burn out, things that waldorf has been trying to avoid for decades. The goal in Waldorf education is to create freedom. This translates into happy adults who are fulfilling their life's purpose in the world.

Waldorf School Of Louisville 1

Posted February 13, 2013
Waldorf's learning/teaching styles are well suited for most children. However, as a warning for any child that may have a learning disability this could be missed or looked over in its severity. Waldorf makes great use of multi sensory learning, but No standardized testing. They also do not build a strong foundation for children that have difficulty reading. While its a great atmosphere, it's not well suited for all children.

Posted September 16, 2010
You will not find a healthier childhood experience for your child's developing mind, body, and spirit than Waldorf. In the culture we live it is easy to look at academics and miss the importance of your child's well being. Principal leadership does not necessarily apply to the school's structure. Notice the teacher quality and parent invovement.

Posted September 30, 2009
Very good kindergarden experience, excellent grades experience! My child in the grades is mastering the basics with a much deeper level of understanding than afforded by traditional education. Most importantly the children are happy and stress free! Wish the education continued to middle school ... maybe it will in the future.

Waldorf School Of Louisville

Posted September 17, 2009
I love the Waldorf School of Louisville because it honors childhood by providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum. Movement and the arts are integrated throughout all the lessons. Children spend 25% of each day outside playing, learning and exploring. It is a peaceful and beautiful school environment -- a place my child loves to go each day.

Waldorf School Of Louisville
8005 New LaGrange Road, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Waldorf School Of Louisville is a Private school that serves grades PK-5