Bad
Good

Posted August 30, 2010
I have a child in the 2nd grade. He is progressing very well at Camp Taylor Elementary. The teachers that are in this school are wonderful. The renovation that has taken place is a huge improvement. I will have to say that there needs to be more PTA involvement. There could be a lot more activities in this school if parents would get involved!!

Camp Taylor Elementary School

Posted April 27, 2010
Unfortunately, parent reviews of this school date back from 2003 - 2005. Today's date is April 2010! That's the issue in a nutshell! PTA parents are great but very few. Very little parent involvement resulting in low scores and extracurricular activities, which is one complaint of this school. You can't expect teachers to do everything without parent or community support or involvement.

Posted July 27, 2005
Due to conflicts with my work schedule I have not had the opportunity to get very involved with the PTA but I believe the option is available. I have two children who have already graduated and one currently enrolled. I have been happy with the overall experience at Camp Taylor. I do think making more extracuricular activities available would be a major plus especially for grades 3 to 5 (Music and maybe a sport or two!). I have not yet had any direct contact with the principle to give an opinion on her.

Posted November 11, 2004
Dear Parents: I just want to say that I am very pleased with Mrs. Whiteley. She seems to be doing a great job of getting involved with the schools problems and correcting them. She is facing the problems head on and doing something about them, Not hiding in her office. I just want to say thanks to her for caring so much.

Camp Taylor Elementary School 5

Posted August 19, 2004
This is my son's first full year at Camp Taylor, he transferred in the middle of last year & so far we have been happy. There is a new principal so, maybe the parent who wrote before will get her wish of more parent input!

Posted November 03, 2003
Most of the teachers I have seen are very good with all the children. The Office Staff is great. They know every child in the school by name.There are so many parents who want to volunteer but the principal never wants to have meetings with us to discuss our ideas. I would like to see more PTA Meetings at night (one a month) to let the parents know what is on the agenda. I miss the school dances, and I feel the Spring and Fall Festivals could be better if Parents were allowed to input ideas. Don't get me wrong, Camp Taylor is a good school for education. My son has learned so much there, He was reading after the first month of attending school. I just think it could be so much more if Parents were able to put ideas and thoughts into it.

Camp Taylor Elementary School
1446 Belmar Dr, Louisville, KY  40213
Last modified Camp Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.