Bad
Good

The teachers, staff, students and parents at this school are great. Everyone really tries to come together for the success of the students.

Develops character: Agree

through respect for self and each other. this is shown through the interaction between staff and students.

sad school here. it is way to big. also it has dress down. not many students can afford these clothes.

This school could be much better. Yes it is a large school with many students in each classroom. With that being said, according to my child there is little in classroom management skills. She is in Mrs. Ipock's room and says it can be loud. Also she states that some students come and go as they please. This is not a good environment. I am not sure if it is all the teachers fault. Perhaps there is no assistance from the administration with these issues or management skills aren't being taught to faculty at this school. I am sure glad that my time at Fern Creek Elementary is over. Last year was it and now my student has had to play catch up in middle school.

I'm just starting to know the school. My son is in Kindergarden. So far so good.

While one of the better schools in the public system, the leadership holds this school back. The Principal has a reputation for being abrupt and rude to teachers, students, and even volunteers. While I was skeptical at first this reputation was proven true after I spent more time at the school.

My child has not received an adequate education while at Fern Creek. My child has complained that two students disrupt the entire class almost every other day. The teacher (whom shall remain nameless) says it is out of her hands. When I visit the school it is very loud. I have heard yelling and screaming in the hallways. It seems there is no structure or organization to control the behaviors. Well the principal Mrs. Rigsby must be burnt out or just doesn't care. Well, I care and promise that you my child will be removed for the next year. If you want to know how the school is doing just look at the test scores. They have dropped for the past three years.

Mrs Mcdermitt couldn't help my ADD daughter and didn't seem to care to help with getting us the care she needed. When I asked her about other schools that she sent her kids to she responded, "my kids all went to private schools". We have no idea what that response meant. What is she teaching in the public schools for and didn't she feel the public system was good enough for her own children. That is very, very much being a hypocrite. I found her response and treatment very cold. We took our daughter out very quickly and sent her elsewhere.

My daughter started going there this year and she loves it, She learns so much at Fern Creek Elementary I would not want my child to go to any other school.

me and my best friend went here it was ok. But when I went there there was a bullying issue so we left and the very next year it was on lockdown because of an incident at fern creek high school. I was ok but my parents where kind of insecure about it so I went to farmer the next year. Some of the teachers where too strict in my opinion. I honestly woulden't go here.

Last modified Fern Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.