9-12 & Ungraded
Louisville, KY

Jeffersontown High School 3

Posted August 06, 2013
After hearing rumors, looking at test scores, etc. I was worried about my son attending J'town. He just finished the 9th grade & during this time, here's my observation: 1) Polio appears to be a good principal, very hands on; 2) My son had advanced classes. I found most of his teachers highly competent & engaged. They seemed to be very sincere in wanting the best for him, which I appreciated. Staff is always pleasant & supportive; 3) The level of academic challenge was somewhat of a mixed bag depending on the teacher; 4) However, J'town could be a much better school but I think the prevalence of students that simply are not engaged and conducting in risky behavior is overwhelming...for the teachers, administrators and especially, the students. Staff make a good effort at trying to control what I would consider as the "riff-raff" but I'm not sure if they have the resources to really make a difference. Unfortunately, academic excellence is the exception, not the norm. I give kudos to the principal for trying to make it the other way around but unfortunately they aren't there yet.

Posted September 29, 2010
My grandson is a freshman there this year and loves it. He is in A/P and advanced classes. Is doing well. Teachers care and want to teach.

Posted July 27, 2010
Fantastic Principle, Fabulous Teachers and amazing involvement with parents and student alike. I am so very glad my daughter attends this school and is in the MCJROTC program. Lt. Col. Dobbs is a caring man who will put do anything he can to see a kid succeed. High fives all the way around for this school!

Jeffersontown High School 4

Posted December 02, 2009
My girls love it there. Some of the teachers could be nicer but the new principle is great and getting things in order. If your kids are interested in the JROTC program it is the best inthe county! Great instructors, community service. My kids have gotten many awards and opportunities by going there

Posted September 07, 2009
Very good school great environment for the kids

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008
this school is not a good one. there is too many students, you cant walk through the halls without running into some one. i was thinking about dropping out because im not learning anything. the teachers are mean and dont care about us. one of my teachers told me.when you get into trouble, the staff takes it too far./ yep, i think im going to

Posted August 12, 2008
Students are shown very little respect and treated as if they are always lying. They are not listened to when stating their side of a situation. Discipline measures are often abused and overly harsh. They are not very good at dealing with parents and listening to what they have to say either.

Posted March 06, 2006

Posted January 30, 2005
- a former student

Jeffersontown High School
9600 Old Six Mile Ln, Louisville, KY  40299
Last modified Jeffersontown High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jeffersontown High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top