Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My son started kindergarten this year. This has been a great year! The principal, Mrs. Schroering, is great! Mrs. Barnes is an excellent teacher! My son has learned so much and has done a great job with all his subjects. My daughter went to Bates from k-5th grade and I believe Luhr is better!

Amount of homework: Disagree

My son is in kindergarten. He is given a packet of homework for the week. He can get it done in 1 day

Develops character: Agree

The only reason why I did not say strongly agree is because my son is in kindergarten and one day they played heads up 5 up (not heads up 7 up because the teacher thought that since they were so young they would do better with 5 than 7). There were students peeking and I think the teacher should been strict about this, because they need to be taught to NOT cheat period point blank.

My son had a great first great year there on his way back for 1st grade.

Mrs Schroering is an amazing principal and goes way above and beyond the call of duty!! I've seen myself how involved she is with each student and how much care she takes with each one of them. The teachers at Luhr are dedicated and genuinely love teaching, which makes a world of difference! As with all public schools there seems to be a bit of a behavior issue with some of the students. However, the staff is very limited in how they can handle these issues. All around, a wonderful environment and staff!!!

This has been a great school for my daughter. The teachers are great, and I truly recommend Ms. Thompson. She has been the Best teacher Yet! My daughter has learned so much from her..

I would highly recommend Ms. Karen Kruger who is the "BEST" teacher in the Jefferson County Public School system at Luhr Elementary!! She far exceeds the expectation of how you would like your child to be taught, encouraged and truly has the utmost concern for the students in her class. Our Grandson had the pleasure of being in her class for the 3rd & 4th grade. Even in the 5th grade she still stayed in contact with him to make sure he & his fellow class mates were doing well! Ms Lovanda Thompson was exceptially instrumental in welcoming him in the 2nd grade as we transitioned from Mt Washington..Ms Carole O'Bryan came in during the summer for ppw we needed..Ms Matthews and Ms Kim in the office are always there for any need or request if needed...Awesome staff!!Thank You...Cindy Mineer

This is the first year for us at Luhr, but so far it is good. They need to do more programs with the kids (like plays and musicals).

Last modified Luhr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.