Posted July 20, 2012
Mrs Schroering is an amazing principal and goes way above and beyond the call of duty!! I've seen myself how involved she is with each student and how much care she takes with each one of them. The teachers at Luhr are dedicated and genuinely love teaching, which makes a world of difference! As with all public schools there seems to be a bit of a behavior issue with some of the students. However, the staff is very limited in how they can handle these issues. All around, a wonderful environment and staff!!!

Luhr Elementary School 5

Posted May 20, 2011
This has been a great school for my daughter. The teachers are great, and I truly recommend Ms. Thompson. She has been the Best teacher Yet! My daughter has learned so much from her..

Posted August 28, 2010
I would highly recommend Ms. Karen Kruger who is the "BEST" teacher in the Jefferson County Public School system at Luhr Elementary!! She far exceeds the expectation of how you would like your child to be taught, encouraged and truly has the utmost concern for the students in her class. Our Grandson had the pleasure of being in her class for the 3rd & 4th grade. Even in the 5th grade she still stayed in contact with him to make sure he & his fellow class mates were doing well! Ms Lovanda Thompson was exceptially instrumental in welcoming him in the 2nd grade as we transitioned from Mt Washington..Ms Carole O'Bryan came in during the summer for ppw we needed..Ms Matthews and Ms Kim in the office are always there for any need or request if needed...Awesome staff!!Thank You...Cindy Mineer

Posted June 13, 2008

Posted December 06, 2007
This is the first year for us at Luhr, but so far it is good. They need to do more programs with the kids (like plays and musicals).

Luhr Elementary School 5

Posted February 03, 2005
My son attends kindergarten at Luhr Elementary and he loves it. They really focus on reading at Luhr and If needed my child get extra attention with understanding his work. My child had a difficult time adjusting to the structured atmosphere but the staff helped him tremendously and did not give up on him. He overcame his problems and no longer has crying fits and they still work with him to keep it that way. Luhr is a great school with staff that really cares about it's kids.

Posted December 20, 2004
Luhr has the most awesome teachers around. My daughter went through 3 years at Luhr, and my son is now in his 3rd year there. The only problems we have encountered are some discipline problems, which is something it seems almost all schools have a problem with.

Luhr Elementary School
6900 Fegenbush Ln, Louisville, KY  40228
Last modified Luhr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luhr Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.