Louisville, KY
Students enrolled: 1,317

Posted May 18, 2015
I am currently a student at Noe Middle School. I have enjoyed every second of my experience. I have seen zero cases of bullying and no teachers that do not care. Every teacher is engaged in learning and sets high goals for students. They will treat you with respect and give you an individual learning experience. They also give you amazing opportunities o embrace your talent. Singing and acting has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, and Noe has allowed me to embrace my talent and has encouraged me to continue my dream. Noe is an excellent school that also gives amazing academic experiences. It is an amazing school that allows me to shine academically. It goes one program above AP, which is GT. This gives students the chance to go above and beyond. This school is amazing and has embraced who I am through support of students and staff also embracing my knowledge and talent. I am proud to call myself a Noe Cougar!!

Posted April 26, 2015
This school is very good but there is almost no diversity and many of my friends that have very smart students don't want there child to go here because they are scared there child will be bullied because of there race if this school had more diversity it would be much better

Posted February 03, 2015
Exceptional school and programs! I have raised 5 children and by far this is the best Middle school experience. Opportunities galore. Gifted and Talented children flourish in this environment with teacher, administration and parent support. This school has two magnet programs and also educates a high population of immigrant children which teaches kids this age a new level of learning and compassion. Parent involvement is encouraged and welcome Try and get your child in. This school sits on a campus between YPAS and Manual High School.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 11, 2013
I attended this school years ago and i loved it, without the visual arts program i took at this school, my life would not be the same, my art teacher Mr. Whitehouse left a life long impression on my life and without him i would not have excelled to where i am today, on another note, yes i bullied and was bullied, but with the right guidence i was taught to stand up and prevail.
2 people found this helpful

Noe Middle School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
My daughter attended this school last year for 6th grade. My daughters team kept us well informed with weekly emails. However not all teachers regularly updated classwork on the parent portal, coming from other schools that never used the portal at all this isn't so bad just annoying when trying to check on whether or not your child is keeping up with their schoolwork. All in all the teachers were excellent and caring for the most part and my daughter learned a lot from them. You can definitely see our tax dollars at work in this school compared to other JCPS schools. The library was well stocked for my avid reader. We loved the location which made for good field trips and the arts program. The school offers a good education while allowing children to enjoy the arts. My daughter did not experience or witness any bullying or fight. She did say she does hear the occasional curse word. Also a couple of my daughters teachers would stay after once a week for a few months of tutoring if needed/wanted. They offer many activities, the orchestra was my favorite! If your child is at all interested I would definitely have them join. Unfortunately mine was not.

Posted July 12, 2013
I would seriously think twice, if you are considering Noe for your gifted child. I laugh everytime I say g/t magnet. For one, only one teacher on Pacesetters is endorsed to work with gifted kids. Be forewarned that math instruction will be subpar. My child's math teacher never provided enrichment and spent her whole year reviewing. Good luck explaining G/t kids to some of the educators in this building.

Posted May 04, 2013
This school has alot of people fooled. It has a bullying environment because the administrators are bullies. Their discipline is negative and ineffective, thus it increases more negative behavior. They need lots of training on effective discipline and also a dose of humility so they can ask for help. I have been disappointed with this school and would encourage other parents not to send their child until they improve their method of discipline. It is not a safe school.

Noe Middle School 1

Posted January 11, 2013
Noe is NOT strictly a Magnet school as I believed when I applied for my child to attend! It is a resides school as well for the kids that live in that area. THAT is why there is a lot of bullying going on at that school, because there are many kids there that have not been "accepted" into a magnet program therefore if they misbehave they have nothing to lose, they won't be ejected. And the school doesn't do much to nothing about the bullying that goes on. They want "cream of the crop" students, but they are NOT a "cream of the crop" school as I've always heard. Do yourself a favor, apply to Western. It might not be the best location, but it is STRICTLY MAGNET, NOT a resides school. Every kid in the school has been accepted in and will therefore care about their behavior so as not to be removed.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 13, 2012
Noe is the best middle school in the nation i think.... if you want to pick a middle school for your child, pick Noe! They just went under reconstruction and Noe is now beautiful and academically the best!!

Noe Middle School 1

Posted October 05, 2012
Please do your research before sending your child to this school. Noe is being recommended from awards received over 5 years ago. I cannot imagine this school winning not one award this year, from the very first day of school there have been administrative issues. For example, my child's contact information (this includes medical information) has been misplaced three (3) times. I have tasken my concerns all the way to the assistant superintendent, with no satisfacation. It's a wonder Kentucky's public school system is where it is (very bottem percent) in the county in comparison. This includes the transporation system as well, absoutley awful.

Noe Middle School
121 West Lee St, Louisville, KY  40208
Last modified Noe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Noe Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top