Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Noe Middle School 1

Posted August 05, 2016
I am a parent who has experienced 4 years of Noe. Why I am writing this bad review is to warn parents about the false pretenses of Noe. I want to explain that I believe the teachers at Noe are extraordinary. If you are a teacher at Noe reading this, we loved the academics at Noe. Thank you for all you do. The problem at Noe is with the administration. Noe is a magnet school, which you apply to, get reference letters, have a certain grade point, good attendance, and excellent behavior. When my 2nd child was accepted in, there were 800 applicants for about 350 spots. What people don't know is that Noe is also a resides school, and about 40-50% of the pop is made up of students that don't have to hit any standards to get into the school. So even though your kid is an AP or gifted and talented student, they will be in regular classes with students that did not have to apply to the school. Each grade has 4 teams, and they try to "concentrate" some of the teams, which gets one team per grade nicknamed the "bad" team. Thus,creates a bullying environment. My student was on the gifted and talented team for 6/ 7th gr, and then into 8th gr yr he was moved. He is a straight A student, Beta Club, no referrals, Duke TIP, you name it. He was moved from all of his friends. I spoke to the administration as a concerned parent, concerned for my child and his social and emotional end to his middle school years. Of all times kids needs stability, it's in the teen years. We don't need to yank them around and remove them from where they are comfortable with their peers. I was not listened to at all. Understand that Noe REFUSES to move your student from a team once they are assigned. They do not care about keeping students together, creating a caring environment, 0r nurturing the individual student. I went to registration and received his assignment. I spoke that day to admin and was told that placement was based upon test scores, performance. My straight A student knows kids who were on the Gifted and Talented team who received U's and were still on the team. They bald face lie. Students are moved to other teams and placed to show equal placement of all ethnicities across the teams. It has nothing to do with scoring and proper evaluation of placement. I have removed my student from the school and I will not even apply my 3rd child to this school. BEWARE.

Noe Middle School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 05, 2016
We loved the teachers at Noe. They are extraordinary and dedicated. Also great with communication

Posted February 09, 2016
I am a former student and all I have to say is that the three years I spent there was a joke. The environment is not friendly, a lot of bullying goes around and fights happen DAILY. My 8th grade year I was told that I'd be prepared for higj school buy I sat in my science class watching Mythbusters every week. There are a lot of sports and clubs offered but this school was a bad experience and regret applying there.

Posted May 18, 2015
I am currently a student at Noe Middle School. I have enjoyed every second of my experience. I have seen zero cases of bullying and no teachers that do not care. Every teacher is engaged in learning and sets high goals for students. They will treat you with respect and give you an individual learning experience. They also give you amazing opportunities o embrace your talent. Singing and acting has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, and Noe has allowed me to embrace my talent and has encouraged me to continue my dream. Noe is an excellent school that also gives amazing academic experiences. It is an amazing school that allows me to shine academically. It goes one program above AP, which is GT. This gives students the chance to go above and beyond. This school is amazing and has embraced who I am through support of students and staff also embracing my knowledge and talent. I am proud to call myself a Noe Cougar!!

Posted April 26, 2015
This school is very good but there is almost no diversity and many of my friends that have very smart students don't want there child to go here because they are scared there child will be bullied because of there race if this school had more diversity it would be much better

Posted February 03, 2015
Exceptional school and programs! I have raised 5 children and by far this is the best Middle school experience. Opportunities galore. Gifted and Talented children flourish in this environment with teacher, administration and parent support. This school has two magnet programs and also educates a high population of immigrant children which teaches kids this age a new level of learning and compassion. Parent involvement is encouraged and welcome Try and get your child in. This school sits on a campus between YPAS and Manual High School.

Posted September 11, 2013
I attended this school years ago and i loved it, without the visual arts program i took at this school, my life would not be the same, my art teacher Mr. Whitehouse left a life long impression on my life and without him i would not have excelled to where i am today, on another note, yes i bullied and was bullied, but with the right guidence i was taught to stand up and prevail.

Noe Middle School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
My daughter attended this school last year for 6th grade. My daughters team kept us well informed with weekly emails. However not all teachers regularly updated classwork on the parent portal, coming from other schools that never used the portal at all this isn't so bad just annoying when trying to check on whether or not your child is keeping up with their schoolwork. All in all the teachers were excellent and caring for the most part and my daughter learned a lot from them. You can definitely see our tax dollars at work in this school compared to other JCPS schools. The library was well stocked for my avid reader. We loved the location which made for good field trips and the arts program. The school offers a good education while allowing children to enjoy the arts. My daughter did not experience or witness any bullying or fight. She did say she does hear the occasional curse word. Also a couple of my daughters teachers would stay after once a week for a few months of tutoring if needed/wanted. They offer many activities, the orchestra was my favorite! If your child is at all interested I would definitely have them join. Unfortunately mine was not.

Posted July 12, 2013
I would seriously think twice, if you are considering Noe for your gifted child. I laugh everytime I say g/t magnet. For one, only one teacher on Pacesetters is endorsed to work with gifted kids. Be forewarned that math instruction will be subpar. My child's math teacher never provided enrichment and spent her whole year reviewing. Good luck explaining G/t kids to some of the educators in this building.

Posted May 04, 2013
This school has alot of people fooled. It has a bullying environment because the administrators are bullies. Their discipline is negative and ineffective, thus it increases more negative behavior. They need lots of training on effective discipline and also a dose of humility so they can ask for help. I have been disappointed with this school and would encourage other parents not to send their child until they improve their method of discipline. It is not a safe school.

Noe Middle School
121 West Lee St, Louisville, KY  40208
Last modified Noe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.