Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This school offers no assistance what so ever. The principal is rude and condescending and the teachers are no better. The worst "regular" school would have been 10 times better than this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They appear to be bothered if a student needs help. There may be some exceptions but in my experience and with speaking to other parents the former is on the majority. Probably due to the example of the principal

Principle? What principle? The only time I ever saw her face was during my sons 6th grade graduation....and she appeared to be sleeping through it. I was not entirely impressed with this school, and neither was my son. They do have some great teachers, but then they have some not so great teachers; which to be fair is probably found at every school. My biggest complaint would be the leadership. It seems the assistant principle displayed more leadership than the actual principle. This school does feed into Male though, and because of that my son is now receiving an excellent high school education.

This school did not adequately prepare my child for high school. Two examples of this are: 1) My child is the only child that came from Johnson in his high school math class - he is the ONLY child who hadn't covered everything required in 8th grade. 2) My child has been corrected several times in his high school Spanish class for using words he was taught in his Johnson "Spanish" class. Apparently he was being taught Portuguese words. I cannot in good conscience recommend this school to anyone and I have, in fact, advised friends of mine with incoming 6th graders to avoid Johnson like the plague. Everything that has been said about principal Beverly Johnson is correct. She is the worst Principal I have ever come across. She is rude to parents and children alike. It is apparent that the job is just a (rather large) paycheck to her.

Both my boys have gone to this school. I have found it very subpar. the principal is very rude. I wonder how many comments can be posted about her, before the JCPS does something about her. Do they care?

My daughter was bullyed at this school last year. This schools response was for me to move her and that would solve the problem and give her a new start. THE PRICIPLE IS NEGATIVE! She has been allowed by JCPS to act inappropriately, prejudicely and she is very aware that her position is secure in doing so.

As a former student who is now attending Louisville Male High School, I would say Johnson did an okay job at preparing me for the next step in my education. It took a little extra work getting me where I needed to be for high school, but anyone going into the traditional program should know that it's designed to push students academically. In my time at Johnson I found that the school needed better maintenance. It was NOT clean at all and the lunches were awful. I received mixed signals from the staff while I was there. SOME of my teachers were very involved and showed genuine interest in the student's well-being. Most, however, either seemed uninterested entirely or had a very rude attitude towards students. The counselors were amazing and were always there to help in academic situations and when students had personal problems they felt needed to be addressed. The major downfall of the school, and the reason I wouldn't recommend sending your child there, is the principal. She was very rude towards parents as well as students and only made her presence known when something negative was going on and reprimanding was required; never a good morning, good afternoon or have a good day.

I love Johnson Traditional Middle School! I am a student there for as of right now. The dress code is there for a reason.The reason behind that is that the way you dress and strict polices help better our and your education.

The only thing I would change about this school is not allowing children to enter if they didn't come in 6th grade. Education in Kentucky is so far behind that when a student that attends a less performing school then goes to one of great expectations there is a culture shock. in order to experience the full beuty of this school you need all 3 years. Possibly a studies guide through the summer before entering for your 6th.

I have 4 other friends who go to johnson and they like the school although johnson gets mad for stupid things like students getting in trouble for eating a chip in class, oooooooo wow thats a bad thing. But even though the is weird abd crazy I like the school.

Last modified Johnson Traditional Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.