Posted November 04, 2014
Principle? What principle? The only time I ever saw her face was during my sons 6th grade graduation....and she appeared to be sleeping through it. I was not entirely impressed with this school, and neither was my son. They do have some great teachers, but then they have some not so great teachers; which to be fair is probably found at every school. My biggest complaint would be the leadership. It seems the assistant principle displayed more leadership than the actual principle. This school does feed into Male though, and because of that my son is now receiving an excellent high school education.

Johnson Traditional Middle School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
This school did not adequately prepare my child for high school. Two examples of this are: 1) My child is the only child that came from Johnson in his high school math class - he is the ONLY child who hadn't covered everything required in 8th grade. 2) My child has been corrected several times in his high school Spanish class for using words he was taught in his Johnson "Spanish" class. Apparently he was being taught Portuguese words. I cannot in good conscience recommend this school to anyone and I have, in fact, advised friends of mine with incoming 6th graders to avoid Johnson like the plague. Everything that has been said about principal Beverly Johnson is correct. She is the worst Principal I have ever come across. She is rude to parents and children alike. It is apparent that the job is just a (rather large) paycheck to her.

Posted March 24, 2014
Both my boys have gone to this school. I have found it very subpar. the principal is very rude. I wonder how many comments can be posted about her, before the JCPS does something about her. Do they care?

Johnson Traditional Middle School 1

Posted October 17, 2013
My daughter was bullyed at this school last year. This schools response was for me to move her and that would solve the problem and give her a new start. THE PRICIPLE IS NEGATIVE! She has been allowed by JCPS to act inappropriately, prejudicely and she is very aware that her position is secure in doing so.

Posted June 15, 2013
As a former student who is now attending Louisville Male High School, I would say Johnson did an okay job at preparing me for the next step in my education. It took a little extra work getting me where I needed to be for high school, but anyone going into the traditional program should know that it's designed to push students academically. In my time at Johnson I found that the school needed better maintenance. It was NOT clean at all and the lunches were awful. I received mixed signals from the staff while I was there. SOME of my teachers were very involved and showed genuine interest in the student's well-being. Most, however, either seemed uninterested entirely or had a very rude attitude towards students. The counselors were amazing and were always there to help in academic situations and when students had personal problems they felt needed to be addressed. The major downfall of the school, and the reason I wouldn't recommend sending your child there, is the principal. She was very rude towards parents as well as students and only made her presence known when something negative was going on and reprimanding was required; never a good morning, good afternoon or have a good day.

Posted December 10, 2012
I love Johnson Traditional Middle School! I am a student there for as of right now. The dress code is there for a reason.The reason behind that is that the way you dress and strict polices help better our and your education.

Johnson Traditional Middle School 3

Posted April 17, 2012
The only thing I would change about this school is not allowing children to enter if they didn't come in 6th grade. Education in Kentucky is so far behind that when a student that attends a less performing school then goes to one of great expectations there is a culture shock. in order to experience the full beuty of this school you need all 3 years. Possibly a studies guide through the summer before entering for your 6th.

Posted November 12, 2009
I have 4 other friends who go to johnson and they like the school although johnson gets mad for stupid things like students getting in trouble for eating a chip in class, oooooooo wow thats a bad thing. But even though the is weird abd crazy I like the school.

Posted August 24, 2009

Johnson Traditional Middle School 0

Posted June 19, 2007
- a former student
I am a graduate at Johnson and would like to put forward that Johnson is a very strict school. To me I personally think that they care more about the dresscode than our education. I believe that we need more principal leadership. The teachers are great. The gym teachers are super funny and you get to exercise. I think the safety and disclipine are too strict. The lunches are disgusting and cost too much. I didn't feel that everyone got the chance to have what extracricular activites they wanted. As being apart of the basketball team and the softball team we didn't get any recongition for being on the team.Dring the softball season we didn't have much support. But otherwise Johnson is a good school. I think we could use a little more parent involment. thanks

Johnson Traditional Middle School
2509 Wilson Ave, Louisville, KY  40210
Last modified Johnson Traditional Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnson Traditional Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top