Bad
Good

James Madison Middle School 1

Posted December 16, 2011
i hate this school! I wouldnt even give it a star! they never give children fun time or any thing that kids would love to do unlike Browning Springs they always give they kids at least fun things once a month.The dress code is really uncalled for BSMS does let you wear clothing of your choice.If i had to i wouldnt even give it a star.Really Dissapointed teachers are lazy and show tooooo much favouritism.This school sucks.

Posted January 06, 2009
I've been going here for two years now. I'm in the 7th grade. I really hate the dress code, and the fact that we never get rewarded for good behavior and things like that.

James Madison Middle School 5

Posted December 23, 2007
Almost all of the teachers here are well-qualified, wonderful educators. I received an outstanding education here, and it is a much better choice than Browning Springs (awful). The only thing that I dislike about this school is the very strict dress code. 90% of the students, and most parents, absolutely revile it. Luckily for me, they implemented it in 2005, my last year. The school is clean, and well-kept. I'm proud to say I attended JMMS!

Posted August 16, 2007
I think that James Madison Middle School is not that great of a school. If i could i would take my child out of this school and put them into a different one, but unfornuately that is the school in our district. I do not like the teachers at all, they are way too strict and give way too much homework. The dress code is very stupid and there is no use in it. It is so hard to find cloths for my little girl and she can not express her individuality at all.

James Madison Middle School 5

Posted October 01, 2004
James Madison Middle School is a great school. The teachers are very friendly and the students are generally always on their best behavior. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone.

James Madison Middle School 4

Posted May 12, 2004
I would like to compliment the choral and band teachers. The music program at this school is awesome! I just hope that our school can receive the state funding, that it needs, to keep our choral education for our children. I have found a significant break-down in communication with educators/principals, students and parents. Hopefully this will be resolved when the new principal takes over in 2004/2005.

James Madison Middle School 2

Posted April 29, 2004
I am highly disappointed with the disciplinary proceedures at this school. The vice-principal(Gillium), is notT following the code of conduct rules. Depending on who you are in the community, is how the child is punished. There is alot of favortism at this school and the children know it. Also, the bullying is terrible! The facuality is well aware of this problem but just don't know how or won't stop this problem. My child has been teased, humiliated and various other things for the entire three years that he/she has attended. I have been there numerous times over the problem, with no satisfactory results. I feel as if the problems at this school are 'swept under the rug'. I would never send any of my children here again.

James Madison Middle School 3

Posted April 29, 2004
I have had disappointing rezults when confrencing with the principal and vice-principal. There is a lot of favortism among teachers with the students. My child has experienced theft, bullying, harrassment, and humiliation by the other students. When reported to them, by my child, there is not any action taken. The reports, made by students, are not taken seriously. It is a shame that our children have to suffer and do not have a voice.

510 Brown Rd, Madisonville, KY  42431
Last modified James Madison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.