Paducah, KY

Community Christian Academy K-12 2

Posted April 02, 2015
We pulled our child out after three years, primarily because said child was being bullied. If students don't meet the "normal" standard, they are excluded. We tried for the three years to talk with administration without any success in addressing the issues. The number of students is so low that it is not a good environment if you are an individual who can stand on his/her own two feet. What we thought would be a good environment for teaching good Christian behaviors has failed on many occasions. The teachers are very quick to correct but no one is teaching good behaviors. As for "bible" class, none of the teachers are certified to teach bible classes. They teach based on their denominational beliefs. The school struggles greatly to stay open and administration can be in denial about their bullying issue. Basketball coaches practice when they can and kids don't win many, if any games. They failed our child and from the looks of the numbers (of students leaving) others have been disappointed. A Christian education is more than using God's name in class. It is reflecting God in the way you act and treat other people. Something several of the kids are not being taught.

Posted September 06, 2014
We are in our second year of enrollment in CCA Elementary and feel very blessed to be there. The day starts with prayer and a Bible class. In addition, history is taught from a Christian worldview. The remaining curriculums are all challenging and more than adequately prepare my daughters for the next grade. Parental involvement is encouraged. It is great to know all my daughters classmates as well as their families. The staff and teachers are all loving, talented, dedicated and hard working. We are thankful to be at CCA!

Posted June 13, 2014
We have been involved at CCA going on 13 years. Our oldest child will be a Senior this year. The school has provided her with an outstanding academic education as well as opportunities in athletics that she might not have had at other schools. If you are looking for a quality education in a safe, Christian environment. CCA is your school!

Posted March 21, 2013
The education recieved aqt cca is top notch it is truly one of the best christian school out there. The teachers a dedicated and caring people.

Posted January 13, 2012
We just moved to CCA from a public school and we are loving it!!! It is very nice to have the girls challenged in class and not just "teaching to the standardized testing". I cant express my appreciation for the "kind culture" you experience as a member of the CCA family. If you are wanting to have close relationship with your child, teachers, administration and other parents, then getting involved at CCA will provide. There are many volunteer opportunities at CCA which allows you the opportunity to see your child with his/her peers. It has been a true blessing for us. We did not expect perfection and we are so pleased with the overall experience. It is also interesting to note, the recent year graduates are scoring very well on the ACT and are receiving amazing scholarship opporunties. Please make your own opinion about the school and call for information if you are wanting a kind and nuturing environment for your child on a daily basis.

Posted August 13, 2011
CCA has superb Principals, dedicated faculty and committed staff. It is the one school in McCracken County dedicated to a thoroughly Biblical worldview. CCA has produced outstanding graduates in many fields.

Posted March 17, 2011
The best school is Paducah, KY! I loved it and if I live in Paducah when I have my children they will go to CCA

Community Christian Academy K-12 4

Posted September 13, 2008
I attended CCA for 4 years and absolutely loved it. It isn't perfect, no school is, even a Christian one. But it was definitely better than Christian schools I had attended previously. It does teach from secular texts, but the teachers always give a Christian view. Most Christian textbooks I have used in other schools were outdated and incomplete in an effort to make the text Christian. Instead CCA teaches the whole story and explains what the Bible has to say about things. The staff is generally loving and takes a real interest in student's lives. I thank God that I attended CCA for four years.

Community Christian Academy K-12 1

Posted March 22, 2008
Student's are snotty, cruel,and menacing to those who are not up to their standards of money and friends, and the staff does nothing to the students whose parents donate the most or have gone their the longest. The staff pick favoriates and it is to the point of effecting grades.

Community Christian Academy K-12

Posted March 13, 2008
My child went to this school beginning in second grade . We kept him there for 4 years. He never did feel accepted. Some of the parents are leary of a child that comes into this school from having started some where else. They tend to support some students more than others. My child is in a great public school now and doing fine. CCA wasn't for us but they do read the bible everyday and that is something in a public school you don't see.

Community Christian Academy K-12
3230 Buckner Lane, Paducah, KY  42001
Last modified Community Christian Academy K-12 is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Community Christian Academy K-12 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top