No rating

Notre Dame Academy

Private | 9-12

Living in Park Hills

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $125,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $620.

Posted February 12, 2012

I'm a current Senior at Notre Dame and I would not exchange my 4 years there for anything. I came from a public grade school and was worried that it would be difficult to make new friends but I could not have been more wrong. There isn't really an issue with cliques or social status and with a class of less than 170 girls, we've all grown to be pretty close over the years. As far as academics go, Notre Dame does an excellent job of preparing its girls for college. The teachers encourage us to achieve all that we can and are more than willing to help their students should we happen to fall behind. I have gained countless valuable skills here that will help me excel long after I graduate. One of the things I love most about this school is that each student is viewed as an individual. The administration takes the time to get to know each student and what is going on in their lives. My mother graduated from Notre Dame over 25 years ago and those members of the administration who remain from her time at NDA still remember her and will greet her by name when she comes in for school events. Its a truly incredible feeling to know that every student, past and present, really does matter.

Posted January 15, 2012

As a recent graduate, and now college student, I can safely say NDA prepared me for college- and far beyond. Without the loving, yet disciplined, feel of Notre Dame Academy- I am not sure if I would be the person I am today. I have made great business connections, great grades, and great friends through the NDA community and look forward to sending my daughter to this school. I truly believe the school gives every girl the power behind their voice- each earn it in their own way.

Posted February 22, 2010

I have been dissapointed overall. The girls are very clicky & harsh and it effects the learning enviroment. Education is good but not excellent. Dicipline is harsh or weak depending on who you are. Hard economic times have hurt the school, the school is afraid to kick out bad kids due to needing the dollars. Donations from parents cloud the decision process for the girls when forming the sports teams and extra curricular teams. The athletic department needs a complete overhaul and it is poorly ran. The drama department puts on good plays. The schools student ratio is 33 to 1 due to cut backs, the athletic facility is weak, school lunches are pricey, it's a nighmare getting out of the school parking lot in the after noon, allow an extra 20 minutes per day. Campus is pretty.

Posted February 8, 2010

I would never send my child to this school. The girls are not welcoming and are very judgmental. The education is decent, but they don't offer too many dual-credit classes to prep my child for college. There are too many better public high schools in the area for me to waste my money by sending my child to this excuse for a great school.

Posted September 13, 2009

This is a wonderful school. The atmosphere is unlike anything else you will ever see. I highly recommend it. I love being here! Pandas are so much fun... I can't imagine a better high school.

Posted May 29, 2006

I graduated in 2000. This is an excellent school with dedicated and professional teachers, a caring accessible administration, and an inspiring sense of mission. I know that I received an excellent education and hope to send my daughter(s) here someday.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 9, 2006

I currently have two daughters enrolled at NDA and I would not even consider sending them to another school. In fact my oldest daughter gave up a scholarship to another school to attend NDA. Everything about this school is first class from putting religion and a devotion to Mary first to the academics to the sports and extracurricular activites to the service to your community. I also can not say enough about the single gender education. NDA is truly 'educating women to make a difference'.

Posted November 10, 2004

I believe that this school has an excellent quality of education and religious values. The extra curricular activities are open to all students and help to enrich the students experience. I know first hand how excellent this school is due to the fact that i am currently a sophomore attending Notre Dame Academy. I would definitely recommend this school.
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Covington

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1699 Hilton Drive