Bad
Good

Roby Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2013
My kindergartener had a very positive experience this year. We are very involved parents and enjoy every minute at the school. This school has the all the components that matter most to me. Teachers are loving yet demand respect and create structure. The staff all seem upbeat and truly enjoy being at Roby, they are not just going thru the motions. I LOVE all the after school and during school opportunities for parents and kids to participate in together. I am most happy that I feel our daughter learned so much and has a passion to learn more. Thanks Roby :)

Roby Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
Not been impressed! My son started Kindergarten this year at Roby and from day one I've not been impressed with the Principle. She says she cares about the kids but her actions show otherwise. If you visit the other elementary schools in the district and talk with those parents you can see the difference in a school that has a Principle that cares about the kids and one that doesn't. We are currently looking to purchase a house in a different school area or send our son to private school just so he no longer has to go to Roby. I feel the lack of parent involvement is because of the lack of communication from the Principle and how she treats parents. She doesn't try to earn respect she demands it but doesn't treat parents with respect. She says things like "you will stop talking and listen like a parent should." When she is in hallways she rarely interacts with the kids and my son refers to her as "THE BOSS" something he was taught at school to call her. Would be nice if the school district would look into why there is so many parents wanting to transfer their kids out of Roby to other schools.

Roby Elementary School 3

Posted February 07, 2012
The only reason I give Roby 3 stars instead of 4 is the failure to keep parents informed on upcoming events and activities in a timely manner. We usually have to skip events because I couldnt fit our schedules around it, if I had known at least 2 weeks in advance... itd b different!

Posted October 06, 2010
Roby is brand new after years of great schooling, but now it is even better! The kids are in pods, that are color coded for grades. So if you have a little one that may not have a clue what numbers they have, they can find their colors. They have a separated gymnasium, after years of having to share with the lunchroom, and just an awesome library. I would have loved going to this school if I were a child!!

Roby Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2010
We are new to the school district and I am very impressed with Roby. The staff and teachers are caring and responsive. My child is in first grade and her teacher is wonderful. The principal is very involved and wonderful to deal with. Every time I go to Roby I am impressed with the atmosphere - it really has a community type feel to it - Excellent experience so far!

Roby Elementary School 5

Posted October 17, 2009
i was shocked to see that Roby did not have all 5 stars. I Love this school. The staff is wonderful and the teachers dedicated. It seems that people that complain about the school forget that it is not entirely up tp the school to provide your child with an education. You have to take an active part in your child's education to benefit for all the hard work the teachers up in.

Posted September 22, 2009
Roby is a great school and really cares about kids the teachers are great

Posted September 24, 2008
Roby is a wonderful school full of a staff that is committed to providing the best education possible for its students. You will not encounter another school that cares more deeply for their students.

Roby Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2008
I had nothing but trouble with the principal and my son did not get anything near the education I felt he should have. His needs were not met and was continually falling further behind.

1148 Hwy 44 East, Shepherdsville, KY  40165
Last modified Roby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.