Taylor Mill, KY

Posted December 16, 2014
We love St. Anthony! The kids, parents, and teachers are like our extended family. The teachers here are long on experience and big on heart. I have always had easy and quick communication with all teachers. I often hear about something that happened during the day before my kids are off the bus. Our principal is amazing. She is kind, patient, and ALWAYS has the kids' best interests at heart. She is a strong leader and the embodiment of a true Christian. Beyond the basics, my kids also love art class, music class, library and computers, and Spanish. They also take two or more field trips every school year. There is a huge sense of community about our school. Parents (and grandparents too) dedicate their time as volunteers. Fundraising is a small part of the year, as it is with EVERY school, public or private, but the requirements are very minimal. We will soon be researching high schools. I am genuinely looking forward to the process and I am confident - based on my child's test scores and our school's proud history - that my child will not only score well on high school placement tests, but also earn scholarships. Because of St. Anthony, my kids will meet their futures head on.

Posted November 12, 2014
My children are in their 7th & 3rd year at St. Anthony. We could not be happier with their academic progress & social & moral development. The principal & teachers are very experienced & go above & beyond to meet each child's needs whether they are advanced, struggling, or right on level. They are very approachable & easy to contact for questions & concerns. The school is constantly striving to provide the very best to the students -this year student i-pads have been added & Spanish is back in the curriculum! The school does not have a playground-but there are ample balls of all kinds, basketball nets, soccer goals, jump ropes, & hopskotches on large black top areas & a large grass field. The children play tag & fun games they make up themselves! PE is taught every week by the classroom teacher. There are 2 major fundraisers a year-each family is expected to help out. Expectations are minimal-in the fall each child is asked to sell 1 box of chocolate -in the spring each student is asked to raise $20 for the walk-a-thon. Very reasonable-we are a small community & we all pitch in to do our part. Come visit & you will know that St. Anthony is by far the BEST school around!

St Anthony Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2014
Overall, a great school! PROS -Great student teacher ratio -Wonderful teachers w/ vast knowledge -A real sense of family among parents & teachers. -Teaches & reinforces a great moral code for behavior -The Advanced Reading Program- Students read books & earn incentives for reading. -Big Buddy Program - An upper classman is paired w/ a younger student. CONS -The school is old. It needs a face-lift. -Limited resources: If your kid is advanced or lacking in any area, there are limited resources (i.e. staff) to aid in excelling or assisting a child. -No PE. Recess is provided w/ no playground equipment & recreational equipment is scarce. -The Spanish program is lacking this year. -Principal- Not a very 'warm, fuzzy' kind of person to be working w/ students. -School is canceled / delayed the morning of school. Bad for those needing to plan ahead. -Fundraisers! - LOTS! They may be necessary to keep the school open & pay the teachers, but seriously, receiving calls at home because a student hasn't "sold enough" is preposterous. Also, singling kids out because they haven't sold is a horrible thing to do to a child (i.e. out of uniform days for X amount sold singles kids out).

Posted August 20, 2013
My child is in his second year at St. Anthony and we could not be more happy with our choice to send him here. It truly feels like a family. All of the kids know each other and the older kids are like big buddies to the little ones. We are also very pleased with the level and quality of education that he is receiving. It is a great community to be a part of and we highly recommended this school.

Posted April 26, 2010
This school is awesome. My children are in their third year at St. Anthony. All of the teachers know all of the students by name. This school has a teacher student ratio of 1:12. The teachers are experienced and show a strong Christian example. My children love attending this school.

St Anthony Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2006
I graduated here 34 years ago My children just completed this school 2 years ago. The Pricipal and staff are dedicated and first rate. I am sure you will like this school. The tradition of working in small classes with teachers who accept considerably less than comparable public school teachers because they want to teach. That makes all the difference.

St Anthony Elementary School
485 Grand Avenue, Taylor Mill, KY  41015
Last modified St Anthony Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Anthony Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top