Union, KY
Students enrolled: 1,023

Posted September 05, 2014
This is the best school I have ever attended. 4/10 But what if school is not as sausage weeners as thought? i ASSURE THAT SCHOOL IS SHAMROCK FRRE.

Gray Middle School 1

Posted October 09, 2013
While there are many wonderful teachers at Gray Middle, your child can rest assured that there will be an equally bad number of circumstances they encounter as a student at Gray. The teacher's hands are tied as far as how much support they can offer a student. Fortunately, there is presently new administration so perhaps times will change for the good but it has been our full experience, if you want quality, Gray Middle of Union KY is NOT for your child.

Gray Middle School 1

Posted December 06, 2012
We moved from out of state and sent out two children to Gray Middle School for the 2011-12 school year. We found the school to be very behind in their technology and curriculum as well as an oppressive environment for both the students and the teachers. While there were a few good teachers, most of the teachers were terrible and appeared overburdened, not dedicated and as though they did not enjoy their job. Additionally, if you have a child in special education, I would highly suggest looking at another school. We found Gray Middles School to be inflexible and terrible to work with. When I asked his special ed teacher to review his homework assignments to see if accommodations needed to be made, she said "I can't do that...I have to teach and it really isn't my job". Throughout the course of the year, I had requested several meetings to modify his IEP, assignments and classes, they did not like this and his special education teacher began taking it out on my son in the classroom. Maybe with the new principle things will change, however we opted not to send our children back there.

Posted October 22, 2012
Good school however the focus seems to be more on the state testing at the end of the school year than the education of the children. My 7th grader has at least 7hrs of homework everynight, this is not a lie. It's sad to think that at 12yrs of age she will be working this hard the rest of her life. Education should be more than throwing papers at the kids. Teachers need to focus more on teaching than the testing and the funding they get from the state.

Posted May 27, 2012
Gray middle school is a very good school to go to.. Why exactly? Well look at our test scores. Do you think the student is just doing that by themselves ? No! The teachers help us succeed in everything. That's why this middle school is 2nd in nky!!!

Posted September 02, 2010
I would venture to state that Gray Middle school is not as great as some might suggest. You have one poster below that cannot spell which indicates a poor level of education quality. The principal does not respond to communications and the staff is rude beyond belief. They make you go through female students who are on break before you get to speak with the office staff. The principal has walked out of his office right past parents without greeting them let alone identifying himself. Boone Co. schools forget that they work for the tax payers and not the other way around. There is no joy in knowing that my child attends school in this district. Boone Co. has a great many children that are home schooled for a reason.

Posted January 06, 2010
I agree with the review that many of the teachers perform less than adequately when informing parents of a student's failing grades. My son failed one class each marking period without so much as a word from the teacher of the class. I DID check the IIOD/grade portal to observe the progress, but there was no information there as far as grades were concerned. If there is a 504 plan in effect, please don't expect it to be followed without continuous, consistent input from you, the parent. While there ARE some wonderful teachers, some seem to disregard the students who follow a different learning style than the general population, regardless of the IQ of the student. If your student learns differently, for the most part, you may not receive the best education here.

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted August 04, 2009
I'm going to be an 8th grader at GMS this fall, and i have to say this is the best school out of every other middle school in the district. As a member of the GMS volleyball team, when we travel to other schools to compete, I've noticed that GMS is the cleanest, brightest, and most well run school out of the other schools. And as far as favoring the rich and athletic, thats b.s. The GMS sports teams are the only people that are allowed to wear sweatpants on their game days. Deal with it. If you want to wear sweatpants, try-out and make a team. Do something. The Volleyball team, Dance team, Basketball team, Choir, Wresteling and all of the other teams earned it. Thats one of the values you learn here at Gray. If you want something, earn it. If you want passing grades, earn it.

Posted May 04, 2009

Gray Middle School
10400 US 42, Union, KY  41091
Last modified Gray Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gray Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top