Bad
Good

AHS doesn't get a lot of credit because its a small school in a small town; however, I've gone to three schools in my life, and I've liked this one the most. The other schools I attended were Saline High School and LSMSA. I like AHS more because I felt closer to my teachers. I got a pretty good education there. I currently attend LSMSA, but I'm going back home and returning to AHS because the city life is not for me. Of course LSMSA has more benefits, but it doesn't have the benefits I'm looking for. I didn't attend elementary school at AHS, but I attended middle school and one year of high school. All of my teachers were great and they're all willing to work with students when needed. AHS also has many clubs (FBLA, FFA, Beta, FCCLA, FCA) that you can join, and they have a GREAT basketball team. Overall, AHS is better than the average Louisiana public school.

I think that Atlanta has good teachers for grades pre-k through 6th grade but once you hit high school, some of the teachers aren't very good. I knew more than some of my high school teachers... It's not a bad school just doesn't have the funds to hire the teachers it needs or give students the true oppurtunities that they deserve. I was ill-prepared for college after my high school years in Atlanta

Atlanta is an excellent school for your child. It has hands on face to face learning experience.

Atlanta High School offers a more personal involvement with students and teachers. It has an excellent basketball program and many other clubs to entice the students to be the best that they can be. I would rather a child of mine go to Atlanta High School than any other school in the state.

Last modified Atlanta School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.