Riveroaks Elementary School 3

Posted August 08, 2014
I have been involved with Riveroaks for a long time. It used to be a wonderful school, but I have been noticing the decline in professionalism. The reason being is that all the proffessional concerned teachers that loved their job are no longer there. There are still a few concerned staff members that are still there, and the office staff is always helpful. The new principal is rude and has a lack of concern for the students or the staff. I had a problem and tried to consult the principal and see did not respond in a timely manner (it took her weeks to respond after I continued to call). I am really having a change of heart about a school the I spoke so highly of.

Posted April 08, 2014
This school is horrible. I took my daughter(grade k) out to homeschool, which broke my heart being that she is so social. She will be going to a different school next year. Her teacher was great, however the staff is extremely unprofessional and rude. Many times she was sent home sick or hurt without any phone calls. Every time I spoke with the administration, they were rude. When I pulled her out to homeschool the principal threatened me with calling the authorities on me with truency all becuase she didnt understand how the process worked. While I was waiting to meet with her another mom was in there to talk about her son being bullied at which point the principal refused to speak with her at that time "because she didnt want to fight in front of the child" The mother was not fighting or even rude. She just wanted to talk. Also, at ceremonies it became chaotic at the end because they didn't discipline the kids. Another thing, when one of the kinder teachers quit, they split up the kids adding more students and more stress to the existing k teachers just because the principal "felt they were doing good and could handle it."

Posted March 09, 2014
So unhappy. My daughter get bullied by the kids and teachers. I have complained in the past and the pricipal just tells me its my daughter the one with the problem. Last week my daughter came home crying telling me that one of her teachers got in her face and yelled at her and when she stared crying she told her that she was a big baby. Worst school ever.

Riveroaks Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2013
I'm so happy with my son's teacher, she is really good professional I know my son is in good hands.

Riveroaks Elementary School 5

Posted August 20, 2012
this is my daughter first year there and so far she likes it. her 2nd teacher is very nice, in spite and the negative comments, i think the school has a dedicated staff.... and concern principal ....go eagles!!!!!

Posted February 27, 2011
I believe Riveroaks is just a big JOKE!! The teachers are not teaching the students they send all the work home for the parents. Teachers give the students either all good grades or enough that they will pass. It's not fair to those children. If they fail a test give them a failing grade. Alot of the students see what those teachers are doing and now think "it doesnt matter if we do homework or study we will pass anyway so what's the point". I think that's pretty sad! Those kids think grades and everything else will be handed to them. They feel there's no reason to apply themselves. It's wrong no matter what way you look at it but they are kids and I can't blame them for having that kind of outlook on the situation. Can you tell me how that is fair?? The principal needs to be fired. It's her job to run the school, know whats going on in the classrooms. The sad thing is she does know. Since she is the root of the problem get rid of her. Most parents dont like her, a good bit of teachers do not like how she runs that school either.Teachers are quitting all the time. Teacher turn over rate from that school is insane

Riveroaks Elementary School 5

Posted August 30, 2010
I've been at this school for 6 years.Yes im a student and in fifth grade they really prepared me for 6th grade.This school is great.

Riveroaks Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2009

Riveroaks Elementary School 0

Posted March 16, 2009
I think it is an okay school, my daughter enjoy going to Riveroaks. I do think they need teacher aides in the class rooms. I visit during class time, and one set of eyes can not watch everything the kids are doing. I sat there and watch one kid misbehave and the teacher didn't see it. I had to tell the kid to stop. I just wish i had more time to get involved. When my daughter was in kindergatern @ Riveroaks i had more time to visit and spend time in her class room. Now things has change now that am a single parent.

Posted February 19, 2009

Riveroaks Elementary School
950 Fountainbleau Drive, Baton Rouge, LA  70815
Last modified Riveroaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riveroaks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top