Chalmette High School 3

Posted July 08, 2014
Chalmette High School! It's an amazing school that was and is still given a tremendous amount of money each year. They decorate it really nicely and the building looks great. Yet, that's the thing the school and principles are worried about looks. If I'm not mistaken you send your children to school to learn right. Not to be harassed because their wearing boots, charged money for a temporary I.D, suspended for wearing nose rings, sent to the bathroom to take of their undershirt because it's not a certain color,or to have their phone taken away not because their on it but because the teacher can see it. Some of the teachers at are amazing teachers and can really impact your child's life but they never get the chance because someone has already sent your child to the office for a dress code problem. If your looking for a school that looks good chalmette is the place for you but if your actually want your child to learn something get as far away from Chalmette High School as possible.

Posted February 21, 2013
This school has become an A rated school in Louisiana! The school is outstanding and I really wouldn't dare to go anywhere else. The teachers are very involved and truly care that the students are on the right path to success. We hold many events with artistic purpose as well. Dance is also offered as a class for P.E. (Shout out to Ms.Gorbity!) We have the highest scores in Louisiana. Also, the curriculum has seen incredible improvements. We have amazing funding for this beautiful and more is still being added on. We have an entire ninth grade academy connected by a air-conditioned bridge that goes over the high way for safe crossing. There is an olympic sized indoor swimming pool with a massive library. In the cultural art center, we have a dance studio and a tap dance studio. By this is a theatre with comfortable cushioned seating. The facility is gorgeous! I LOVE going here. Go owls!!! Class of 2015!

Chalmette High School 1

Posted April 28, 2010
If you want to prepare your child to be able to tuck their shirt in, wear a badge, and not have their cell phone out for anyone to see, than CHS is the school of choice. However, if your student is like most teenagers, and need a education and help than run as fast as you can. Chalmette High School has lost the purpose, an education for all students. If you don't believe me than someone take a close look at suspensions and expulsions. I would love to know the true drop out rate at CHS. Come on Administrators and Teachers. Let's really make a difference and motivate these students to want to do well and go to college. Your true test is not only in a smarter student but in an average one that could go either way based upon the support at the school and home.

Posted April 20, 2010
Chalmette High is a great school. They encourage the kids to be involved with what is going on in our community and nation. They strive to prepare our children for whatever their future might hold.

Posted September 21, 2009
Since Hurricane Katrina, this school has been refurbished and is becoming a state of the art school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Both my kids went there and I couldn't have asked for a better place for my children to get there education. Mr. Wayne Warner takes a personal interest in the children and makes an effort to attend every function. He is a role model for every student and staff member. He stayed at the school during hurricane Katrina and was instrumental in bringing the community back by having a school for the children to come back to!

Posted September 16, 2009
my child graduated from Chalmette High in May 2005. I could not have asked for a better school. She was involved in different activities throughout her 4 years. All staff members are very concerned and get involoved in student pride.

Posted August 06, 2009
This is an amazing school and it is so helpful to my 10th grader! He loves his teachers and the way the school is ran!!!

Posted September 01, 2008
I love Chalmette High School. It's the best school in Louisiana. Our teacher's are GREAT. CLASS of 09'

Chalmette High School 1

Posted April 23, 2008

Chalmette High School
1100 East Judge Perez Drive, Chalmette, LA  70043
Last modified Chalmette High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chalmette High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top