No rating

St. Cletus Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 565 students

Family Atmosphere

Living in Gretna

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $103,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted August 29, 2014

Wonderful staff and strong academics. The teachers are all very hands on and they know all of the students and parents there. Great school!

Posted August 29, 2014

Strong academics while teaching sound morals. Teachers and staff are all wonderful! Academics are wonderful also.

Posted April 7, 2014

What's not to love about St. Cletus? The faculty is devoted and willing to help their students in everyday possible. The principal leads this faculty and staff with a Christ centered approach to each situation and student. St. Cletus educates the whole child. Both of my children have attended St. Cletus and I'm grateful for each and every person my child has come into contact with. I highly recommend this school!

Posted February 25, 2014

This is not a good school at all. I've never been so disappointed at a school. Definitely not what God would want

Posted November 20, 2013

We moved to New Orleans and the education system is not great. St. Cletus' elementary grades are average. The middle school needs lots of improvement. The principal isn't warm and friendly. I am not sure if she should be working with kids. My husband and I are thinking about moving next year so our kids will live in a better enviorment and will get a better education. We feel that the people of New Orleans are behind and they don't realize it.

Posted October 18, 2013

At. Cletus is an excellent School with strong leadership and caring faculty. My Daughter loves the school. The pastor is also very involved with the School. I feel that St. Cletus is the best Catholic School on the West Bank.

Posted September 9, 2013

My children have attended St. Cletus since pre-k. They have fantastic teachers, a supportive and helpful administrative staff, fabulous principal and a diverse student body. St. Cletus is the perfect size school- not too big or too small- and offers many extracurricular activities. The principal has an open door policy and is proactive at assuring all students feel safe and loved. Teachers are easily accessible for questions and/or concerns. I can't imagine a better place for my girls to be educated. Love it!!

Posted September 8, 2013

No school in always perfect. St. Cletus has very dedicated teachers that work hard to give each child an opportunity to learn in a safe environment. Administration makes sure that the teachers have (including working on certification) what they need to teach meaningful engage filled lessons. Data and research are used to drive decisions. Test scores went up in several sub test areas and compared to the region, St. Cletus did very well. Security has been upgraded for the protection of students and staff. We have a supportive Pastor that supports the improvements of the school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 8, 2013

Awesome school advancing in technology every year. Love the principal. Very easy to correspond with her. Faculty is friendly and readily available for assistance.

Posted September 8, 2013

My child did not start her school career at St. Cletus, we came in as outsiders and were immediately accepted as part of the St. Cletus family. I was worried she was coming in somewhat behind SCS students but her teachers brought her to speed quickly. These are some of the most qualified group of educators I have ever encountered. Our principal is making sure our teachers are keeping up with the latest in professional development along with them all being certified or working on certifications. Our test scores are up along with enrollment. Technology is always being updated. Our school security system was just replaced to make the school safer for our students. St. Cletus was the best move I could have ever made for my child's education!

Posted September 8, 2013

Our school is wonderful and forever growing. Under the current adminstration the enrollmen has increased along with our standarized test scores. The faculty and staff are dedicated and willing to go the extra mile for the students and for each other. We are supported by the community and Pastor as well. Everyone in our St. Cletus family is willing to do what it takes to help our children succed in school and move on to thier next journey in education.

Posted September 4, 2013

Bad school. Never want another child to have to step into this school. I hope the childredn rebel.

Posted September 1, 2013

I don't understand the last four poster's comments. Our current principal is the best thing that ever happened to St Cletus. Our enrollment is up and our standardized test scores are up. In fact, this past year we had the highest scores in our area. She is requiring all the teachers to become certified and she pushes the teachers to have high standards for themselves. And we certainly haven't lost any "good" teachers. I highly recommend St Cletus. It is a family oriented school.

Posted June 17, 2013

9 teachers left last year and 7 this year. While numbers are up teacher turn over speaks volumes. This school is just not the same under the new administration.

Posted November 4, 2011

I believe that st.cletus prepares you for high school in the most exceptonal way. i also believe that sometimes the discipline can go to far. also i think that the agenda marking procedure is useless because if we are preparing for high school then we shouldnt have the agenda marking process.

Posted May 14, 2009

St. Cletus offers their students a wonderful education through using a holistic approach. The teachers combine spiritually with hands-on activities to enrich the educational experience. The teachers go above and beyond of what is expected of them. I am so pleased with everyone on the staff. Even better than that, my child loves her school!

Posted March 15, 2009

I have two children attending St. Cletus. This is their first year at the school. I am very happy that they attend this school. It is very family and christian oriented. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted September 8, 2008

I am very happy my child is attending this school. It is my extended family.

Posted March 20, 2006

Have 1 child that has atteneded and 2 that are. We love the school. Its very family oriented. Everybody knows everybody.

Posted November 14, 2005

I had 2 kids go to St. Cletus from Pre-K to 7th. One left to go to Archbishop Blenk where she is a National Honor Society student. My son went to Brother Martin where he regularly makes A's, B's and a C once in a while. St. Cletus has been wonderful and with our 3rd child still there we could not be happier. We work the fair and participate in the parish functions and really enjoy interacting with all the other families of the parish. It is a great school and I recommend it strongly!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 1%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Advanc-ED SACS Accreditation (2011)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Jill Grabert
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (504) 366-0011

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Counseling
  • Differentiated learning programs
Transportation options
  • Parent Drop off and Pick up
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields
  • Audiovisual aids
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council

Apply now

What are your chances?

9 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
10 various Catholic High School in the Area