Bad
Good

I have been a parent (continually) at Harvest Christian academy since Fall of 1995. I have graduated two children from Harvest and will graduate my last child this coming school year (2011-2012). My two HCA graduates are now juniors, one in college and one in high school. Over the last 16 years I have liked and disliked some things at Harvest school but the most important element of HCA, that hasn't changed, is the Christian principles and standards that all students are required to uphold. This school is a Bible based school that teaches core subjects: math, english/reading/literature, history, science, and physical education. THE TEACHERS at HCA are all Louisiana certified. The administration has worked amicably over the years each time I had a parental concern for my child. This past school year Harvest church blessed the school by completing the gymnasium. Thanks to Harvest church our basketball teams had a place on campus to practice! I am sad this is my families' last year at HCA. A GREAT CHRISTIAN SCHOOL!

My child go to Harvest and she just loves it. I cannot say enough about the teacher she had this year. Mrs. Stevens was amazing! She is fun and so creative. She pushes the kids to strive for excellence and it is so evident. My daughter came out of there a new creation and we own it all to HCA.

My child attended Harvest for several years. There are a couple of good teachers. The kindergarten teacher is great! My big problem with this school is the principal. She has no qualifications to be principal and makes bad choices. When I had a problem with the school I contacted her directly and she would cut me short while talking and make snotty comments. As far as the bad choices, the middle school kids don't have all the curriculum they need because we can't afford it. I heard this straight from a teacher there. But $200,000 was spent on the gym. Kids need a gym but most of the money went to the basketball turf that was extremely expensive. So basketball court instead of basic curriculum used even at local public schools. hmm...Also, she is not held accountable to anyone. There are no PTA meetings or even board type meetings with her leaders (because she does not have any). Even qualified principals should have to answer to someone on a consistent basis. There are many teachers that would do a great job as principal and are very qualified for the position. If you want to send your kids to school her, only do it for the elementary levels and watch out for the principal.

My children attended Harvest Christian Academy for the first time during school year 2009-2010. My oldest attended public school for her kindergarten year and oh how I wish she had been enrolled at Harvest for that very important year of her life. One of my best friend's son was in Mrs. Holstein's Kindergarten class last year. My friend was very impressed and appreciative of her ability to help the children make the transition from home to school. I love how the school encorporates God in every aspect of their teachings. The standards they expect their students to achieve and adhere to while at school and at home is phenomenal. I am blessed to have a school with Godly ethics and high academic standards to enroll my children. I pray classes will be extended throughout the 12th grade by the year my children arrive at 9th.

This school is great. I used the information I learned while at harvest for years to come. I was very prepared for high school and a great foundation to build on.

Harvest is an excellent school. My son attends and I just love it.I would recommend it to anybody. The principal & teachers are wonderful. The learning is far above the rest of the schools in this parish. Harvest keep up the good work!

Last modified Harvest Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8