Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

HHMS has come a long way in a very short time! Within the last few years it has excelled to become an IB school. This school offers so many on campus career choices (early childhood, robotics, small animal care, culinary, medical magnet) to get you started on the right path. In the IB program students study a broad spectrum of subjects and engage in research and experiential learning through school, community, and international activities. It is a symbol of academic integrity and intellectual promise, recognized by leading universities in the U.S. and throughout the world.

please send more information about this school i am from class 1966 and want to get in touch with other ex-students

I graduated from Hammond High and I feel that compared to other schools in the parish, HHS is a great school. There are too many activities to take part in and too many great teachers to get a well rounded education. You get to associate with people of all nationalities which prepares you socially for the real world. Yes, for an extremely intelligent student, you may feel as though you aren't learning anything, as I did. But, I feel like I learned more to help me throughout my life rather than just college. I feel HHS prepared me well for college.

I graduated as Valedictorian of my class. I took all honors classes and was in the Southeastern Scholars Program (Dual Enrollment). Hammond High is an okay school if you plan on attending vo-tech school. If you plan on attending LSU, Tulane University or any other university DON'T GO TO HAMMOND HIGH. THEY WILL PREPARE YOU TO FAIL. Check your facts on Hammond High. Ask them: How many National Merit Scholars graduate pre year? (A really good school has at least 10 National Merit Scholars) How many AP courses do they offer? (The more the better. These courses will save lots of time in college.) How early does SAT, ACT, and PSAT prep begin? (Prep should begin Freshman or Sophmore year. No Later. The younger your child starts the better they will score. Don't let Hammond High tell you 'the spring of their Junior year.' This time should be used finding a college.)

My children graduated from here and Have had no trouble in college. They say they have seen nothing that they weren't prepared for ay Hammond High

I wasnt impressed with this school. I graduated with honors and didnt learn a thing. Passing was effortless for one of average intelligence and poor study habits. I found myself skating through the years without ever having to try. Multiple choice testing and lifeless lectures are not 'teaching' our children anything more than memorization.

I attended Hammond High, and it was an excellent school. The college prep courses are only open to students who have made a C or above in the previous course. The English department is excellent. I was well prepared for college after attending Hammond High.

Last modified Hammond High Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.