Houma, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 14, 2011
I am a retired teacher that taught at Oakshire for the majority of my teaching career. I know first hand of the dedication and love for the children, ensuring they get the best education possible. I was so pleased when my granddaughter started school there. She is in second grade now, and is loving to learn. They have a wonderful parent, or as in my case, grandparent volunteer system, and have so many opportunities for us to visit the class or school for fun activities.

Posted June 15, 2010
Oakshire is an outstanding school!! The teachers go abov and beyond th call of duty. My children have grown and progressed very well at Oakshire. The teacher's care about student achievement and they individualize the way to teach to meet the needs of the students. I wouldn't want my kids to go anywhere else.

Posted November 18, 2009
A wonderful school with dedicated teachers and administration. I'm proud to say that my children attend this school and have been blessed by the high quality of educators found here. Proud parent of an OES student(s), M. Marcel

Posted November 12, 2009
I love oakshire my daughter is in 1st grade on A honor roll with all A's in conduct. The teachers are very nice and they are very stick with the kids which is what i like.

Oakshire Elementary School 0

Posted July 07, 2009
My kids started school at Oakshire, then we moved to another school two years ago. I am so happy to say that my kids will be going back to Oakshire this school year. It is BY FAR the best school in Houma! When I told my kids that they would be going back they all screamed 'YAY'. The staff treats you like family. The teachers are great about communicating with you. The children are praised and rewarded for their achievements more than any other school in the area which really makes them want to work harder. And I must say that Mrs Dunkelman is an angel disguised as a preK teacher.. Laiken misses you!

Posted December 10, 2008
This school in my opinion is the best in Houma area. I recently transfered my son here from another public school in this area. He now comes home with so many positive things to say about what he learned and what he done in class 'Its nice to hear this now'. In addition, his grades improved from C's and D's to A,B honor roll. Thats the diffrence from other schools and Oakshire...

Oakshire Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
Please keep up the wonderful work you are doing in helping our children become productive, positive and active members in the community with successful and happy futures. Every college graduate was once an elementary student! Thanks so much, M

Posted May 07, 2006
We moved to this area because of the OES district. MY two children have been attending this school for two years now and love it. The teachers and staff make sure that each child is getting the best education possible. No child is truly left behind here. Because of speech, APE, and reading recovery at OES, my two children are doing great and enjoying school. I also think you are doing a great job at rewarding the childern with field trips for 100% homework etc. Thank You Again. Shana B.

Posted February 18, 2006
My family moved to Terrebonne Parish in july 2005. We were so luckly to be in the Oakshire School District. The students and teachers welcomed my three children just like family. They love school, and they are learning so much. I could not be happier with the academic programs at this school. I am happy they have the accelerated reader program which has allowed my children to succeed as readers more than they could have imagined. The faculty and staff are great! Parental involvement is wonderful! Third and sixth grade teachers are absolutely wonderful, helpful, and concerned! Thank you for a wonderful first year at OES! M.Mcdonald

Posted August 08, 2005
I think it is a great school. My 3 children love it there and the teachers and staff are wonderful. I am proud to be a parent of oakshire students. D.Griffin

Oakshire Elementary School
5459 Vicari Street, Houma, LA  70364
Last modified Oakshire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakshire Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top