Independence, LA

Posted March 26, 2013
This is an excellent school. I attended and several of my family members attended MDS. Most of the teachers are great and willing to help. The classes are small and allow time for each individual student to have one on one time with the teachers if needed. I would recomment this school to anyone. You will learn a lot more here than in some large school where all they care about is your money.

Posted February 05, 2009
When my child started MDS this year, she didn't know how to read. Her teacher, Ms. Carlyn worked with her and in a few weeks was reading like she had been for months. Not only is this an excellent school, it is also apart of an excellent parish. The teachers are devoted to helping the children excel. They teach them good manners and get to learn about God.

Posted July 24, 2007
We are very pleased with not only the educational services offered at MDS but are also at peace knowing that every day our child goes to school he is surrounded by loving teachers and support.

Posted July 21, 2006
I am excited about my child beginning this year. The principal at Mater Dolorosa was very nice and they excellent academics as well as extra curricular activities. They are also all for parents being involved.At the public school there wasn't much for parents to do at the school and I felt somewhat uninvolved. Ms. Beverly the school secretary is a sweetheart,they also have an afterschool program which is great for working parents.

Mater Dolorosa Catholic School 1

Posted May 31, 2004
My child needed extra help in Math but did not receive it. The teacher did not appear to be interested in helping students learn. With only nine students in the class there should have been ample time for short individual instuction in areas where a sudent is weak. Now I'm faced with summer school and burnout for my child.

Mater Dolorosa Catholic School
Po Box 380, Independence, LA  70443
Last modified Mater Dolorosa Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mater Dolorosa Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top