Bad
Good

Schneckenburger, is the best school hands down my daughter has been going here since pre-k, teachers & staff are highly trained. I love this school I would recommend it to anyone.

I am probably one of the most difficult parents of all time when it comes to pulic schools. I have this vision of what it Should be, and the staff and school rarely meet my expectations. This one...oh.my.goodness. Finally! We finally found the right school for us! It is above and beyond on every level. I have a child who's very strong-willed and isn't the easiest kid to deal with at times. The entire staff is so cool, calm and collected they are perfect for his personality. He LOVES it. My other child is easy as pie, and he loves it as well and also has an excellent teacher. The principal is just wonderful, when I met her I actually tyhought she was a secretary, the secretary was out of the office and the principal was doing her job for her! Now that's teamwork! It's so bright and colorful and inviting. They are so flexible, just great people in general. I'm so relieved we finally found an EXCELLENT public school.

We just finished our first year here in Kindergarten! My husband and I have been so happy with our decision to send our kids to this school. We have the financial means to send our kids to private school, but we chose to send them here because we heard good things about it and were blown away by our tour last spring. The teachers and staff at the school have exceeded our expectations! Both of my kids are learning and LOVE school. I spent a good bit of time up there volunteering so I have seen first hand what goes on in the class rooms and the hallways. The teachers and staff are very well organized, and the students are always quiet and respectful. The principal and the teachers don't seem to tolerate any "riff raff". Addressing the comment below, about starting the year without a Kindergarten teacher, this was by no means because of a lack of organization on this school's part. Unfortunately, that falls on the Jefferson Parish school system's lap. We are looking forward to spending the next few years at Schneckenburger =)

I had two grandchildren who attended Schneckenburger, however, one has gone on to middle school. Both their parents and I are very well pleased with the school. I volunteer there, and see first hand that it is an extremely well run and organized school. Both of my grandchildren love going there, and really like all of their teachers. My youngest grandchild started their in kindergarten, and I was amazed at the things she was learning. This year there are approximately 64 kindergarten children. There were only two kindergarten classes last year. The two teachers are wonderful. As I walk through the school I am in awe of how well they are conducting such a large group. The children are well behaved and listen to them as they go through their daily lessons. I personally attribute my grandchild's success in school to the teaching and training she received in kindergarten. She has been on the honor roll every semester since she started and she is in her fourth year. You could not find better teachers than these kindergarten teachers. They are handling a difficult situation with poise, grace, and dignity, and the children in their classes will only benefit from them.

The school year has just started and I already regret enrolling my child to this school. The teachers do not communicate with me at all. I have no idea what my child is learning on a day to day basis, or even weekly for that matter. When picking my child up as a walker; three times already, my child has walked outside the gate without the teacher even noticing that he was gone. I, the parent, had to wave my hand to let the teacher know that my child was in my care. The teacher didn't even realize my child was gone! Absolutely insane. Even when I tried picking him up as a car rider, the same issue happened. By the time the teacher got to my car, if I was a stranger; I could have abducted my poor child. Not to mention, there is still no kindergarten teacher assigned to my child. The school keeps sending letters home apologizing. An apology is the last thing I want to hear. Take action and get something done! This is ridiculous! My husband and I have paid supply fees to the school and have yet to receive books, backpacks and everything else we've paid for. This is the most unorganized facility that I have ever been apart of.

I really enjoy this school the teachers here know if their student has any siblings at the school and know who the siblings are so they are dismissed together. They are well aware of the students there.

Schneckenburger Elementary is a Wonderful School, the teachers and staff know your children and where they are at all times. The teachers update their curriculum often and keep learning interesting for the children. My 2 daughters attend schneckenburger and will do anything to keep them there though we dont live in the district. Its like a small school atmosphere with all the technology and knowledge of the big city.

Excellent principal participation she knows everything that goes on. Excellent prekindergarten program. Excellent teachers. My sons teacher won teacher of the year.

My son is in K now and has special ed. assistance. I can't say how impressed I've been with the special ed. teachers and program. He stared in the special pre-k 3 through early steps. My older childred have always attended private schools, but they couldn't give him what he needed. Well I've changed my mind about public schools and he gets his 'religion' at sunday school on Sundays!

I love Schneckenburger Elementary. My son started this school in Pre K and he is now in the 5th grade. The entire faculty has been wonderful, the have always listened to me & any concerns have always been addressed. I have always been involved in the school and I think that has helped my son do as well as he has. Being involved in your child's school , listening to them, and asking questions definately makes a diffrence and that is why I have been happy with this school.

Last modified Walter G. Schneckenburger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.