Lake Charles, LA

Posted September 08, 2010
The principal makes this school great..she is wonderful and works well with parents and students

Posted February 26, 2010
Both of my children attend Oak Park Elementary and I would not change it for the world. I have two children that are both extremely gifted. They have both been tested for other schools but I refuse to take them out of this school. No school is going to be perfect but how do you expect them to do better when some parents do not give them this opportunity. You want to talk about their test scores but how are they suppose to improve them when we are taking all of the extremely smart children out of the school? I have had my differences with the teachers and even with the principal, but Ms. Hardy is a principal that you can also go to and talk with. I have always been able to express myself to her and she has always listened. I recommend this school to everyone. I love OPE!!

Oak Park Elementary School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
My child has been going to this school since Pre-k. It was the best decision I made. I love the principal and the teachers she has had. I am very involved in the school and they are like family to me. The majority is African American, but all students are treated equally. This year my daughter is taking the leap for 4th grade and the teachers make sure they are very prepared for testing as well as keeping the parents informed on what is going on. My daughter's teacher was chosen for teacher of the year. His name is Mr. Bundy and he has the children's best interest at heart.

Oak Park Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2009

Oak Park Elementary School 0

Posted January 16, 2009
My son attended this school and I can honestly say our experience was terrible. Most of the staff is not very supportive or enthusiatistic about educating children. I attempted to get my son evaluated for an IEP, but the paperwork was never started. The principal is not compassionate, nor understanding of the needs of students and families. The only wonderful teacher at Oak Park is 'Ms Mary Parker'. She was my son's second grade teacher and was very supportive. I pulled my son out of this school and placed him in College Oaks Elementary. In 2005 we relocated to a suburb in Illinois and I am so glad to have left Calcasieu school district. My son is now able to learn and get the services he needs in order to become a successful citizen.

Posted March 01, 2008
Majority to Minority. This school is not recomened to familes that are not african americans. That is the majority at this school. The minority is Asian, white, and latino. There is over 300 aferican americans, there is only 7 or 8 white, 2 asians and 1 latino. Please got all info about this school before you enroll your child. Also, the school its self is very old, and look like it is in terrible condition. Not recomended!!!!!

Posted March 01, 2008
Please reconsider before sending your children to this school. I agree with the 1st comment as well. i would definetly home school before I would send my children here. There is a majority to minorioty problem at this school. The majority is blacks, and the minority is white, and asian. The school is run downed. The teachers do not dress very well, nothing at this school seems planed. There seems to be a lack of disapline at this school as well. If you are in the zone for this school, I recomened getting an out of zone permit for another school. Make sure to call the school you are interested in before filling out the form, if there is no room, you will be denied and your child will have to go to Oak Park. My children now go to St.John.It is pubic and brand new. http://www.cpsb.org/ This Is the website.

Posted February 17, 2008

Posted January 11, 2007
Teachers come and go way too much. The Principal is way over bearing. I would not send my child to this school, I would homeschool first!

Oak Park Elementary School 5

Posted January 09, 2007
'Teachers are empathetic and really want students to learn. '

Oak Park Elementary School
2001 18th Street, Lake Charles, LA  70601
Last modified Oak Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top