Leesville, LA

Leesville High School 4

Posted May 04, 2014
While I can't compare my LHS experience to any other high school (it's the only one I attended), I feel like I got a decent education. LHS offered a great variety of classes compared to the other high schools in the parish. The student body was also the most diverse of all the schools in the parish. The classes could have been more challenging and tended to cater more to the average and/or slower students, but that is probably true in most schools. College was a bit of a shock for me because I actually had to study outside of class to make good grades. While LHS may not be the best school as far as challenging students, it's the best for college prep (in Vernon parish) simply because of the diversity of course offerings. The diversity of students brought in by Fort Polk is also a major plus.

Posted April 17, 2012
My husband and I both graduated from LHS (He is C/O 98, I'm C/O 00) and we have purposely avoided being stationed at Fort Polk because we do not want either of our children going through Vernon Parish Schools. Mine was the last class to graduate before the uniforms so I'm not at all familiar with how that is dealt with. Even back then the classes that were taught by coaches were mostly a joke. I learned how to play spades in Health class my sophomore year. I don't feel I received a quality education at LHS and I would urge parents to reconsider sending their children to this school.

Leesville High School 2

Posted May 23, 2010
Leesville High School is not a place you want your bright, gifted students to attend. There is one gifted class, very few AP classes. The only truly QUALIFIED gifted teacher is leaving, and they still have not found a replacement. This parish apparently feels that if your child is gifted, they should just do more work. They need quality, not quantitity. Shouldn't they be trying to develop and encourage the bright students? After all, THESE are the young people who are going to be leaders in our communities.

Leesville High School 4

Posted May 03, 2010
the teachers are great and they really make sure that the student understands the material before moving on. they take time to work with individuals and with the help of the new freshman and sophmore academys, they ensure that no child is left befind and have various rewards for them such as breakfasts on fridays and special highlights of their success in school. the school puts the homework and classwork for the classes on screen so that the students know what they have to do for that week. i love it and i am a huge leesville wampus cats fan. woo

Posted May 01, 2010
My experience with this school and it's school board was terrible. If you have a child with any learning problems etc..RUN. Do not merely walk away from this place. My daughter has ADHD with autistic tendences. She was diagnoes several years ago and is in the process of retesting. Does it matter? Not one iota. The school board can not remember the outcome of the previous school board meeting to the next. They will again look straight at your child..and ask the same stupid question they already hashed out at the last meeting. Where apparantly..nothing was accomplished. You are expected just to make your child conform. Whether or not they have the ability. :(

Posted January 27, 2010

Posted January 21, 2010

Posted December 05, 2009
I liked the school, because it was fun.

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted September 06, 2009
My daughter attends Leesville High school, after I was recently stationed at Ft Polk. This school is over a year behind her last school academically. The staff is obsessed with the dress code, to the extent that education suffers because of it. Leesville is also much more expensive than her last high school, as they require parents to pay for much of what is usually provided by the school.

Leesville High School
502 Berry Drive, Leesville, LA  71446
Last modified Leesville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leesville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top