Fontainebleau High School

Public | 8-12 | 2017 students

Posted June 9, 2005

I love going to this school! The new principle has done a great job in his first year, including boosting school spirit and pride tremendously. Coming from a well-respected private school, I thought public school would be easy, but I have been constantly challenged here at Fontainebleau. Discipline is well-maintained and students get along pretty well. Although it is a large school and not every single teacher is going to be good, most teachers are great and care about the success of the students. I had a friend who started to slip in school and his teachers made sure he got back on track and informed his parents. There are many activities and the sports and music programs are great and have had much success. The school seems to have come a long way since it opened in '94 and seems to get better and better each year. I love it!

Posted May 10, 2005

This is a great school and I have had absolutely no regrets sending my children here. They have grown to be very intelligent and well rounded young adults and I believe it has much to do with the staff and parent involvement at FHS. My children have done extremely well on the ACT and SAT and I feel very confident that they are more than prepared for college. My children also love going to FHS.

Posted April 24, 2005

Fontainebleau High School is a wonderful school where there is high parent involvement, a high concentration of students who are willing to learn and perform high, and an amazing faculty. This school offers many extracurricular activities and many of the students are very well-rounded. There are many acclaimed private/catholic schools whose curriculums are not even on par with Fontainebleau's. If you were looking for that one school where you can find it all, Fontainebleau is that place!

Posted April 11, 2005

FHS is a great school!!! It excels in academics, sports, the arts and all aspects of the school are superb! And the English department is considered one of the best around!

Posted April 2, 2005

I'm currently a sophmore at FHS and this is only my second year living on the northshore. I have to say that this is the best move I ever made. FHS is an amazing school. They have teachers that really want to see the students pass and do well and they care about every one of them. It is very easy to make friends at FHS because everyone is so friendly and I have never really seen anyone get made fun of..everyone is friends with everybody there. People never get judged and you feel welcome your first day there. With our new principal this year, things have really gotten better because he is involved with the school and really cares about all the students. He also has a lot of school spirit! It's awesome and I'm so happy I go there..I made so many new friends! I absolutely love FHS!

Posted March 15, 2005

I attended FHS from 2000-2004. I felt well prepared for college after most of their classes. My only complaint is their english program. It is not on par with the other course offered.

Posted March 3, 2005

Great school, great teachers. This school has a very goal set and stictly inforces their rules, while having nice teachers that a willing to get to know your kid. They have a multitude of after school programs and has an excilente football team.

Posted January 3, 2005

I currently go to fhs and enjoy it because the teachers really care about their students and help them with whatever they need. It is also very easy to make friends at fhs and nobody really gets made fun of. They have an excellent art department and the athletic and other after school activities are top quality. I also thoroughly enjoy going to a large school.

Posted December 3, 2004

I graduated from Fontainebleau High School in May of 2000. I can say with certainty that FHS provided me with a top notch education and prepared me very well for college and professional life. In May of 2004 I graduated from the University of New Orleans among the top 15% of my class. I am currently in my first year pursuing an M.D. at the West Virginia University School of Medicine. My journey into the medical profession began my senior year at FHS with the help of Ms. Marshall, an exceptional Medical Terminology teacher. She was a tough teacher but managed to pique my interest in the field of medicine, an interest that continued into college and professional school. FHS is undoubtedly among the best public schools in the state of Louisiana, and those who are lucky enough to attend will be given a quality education and excellent career preparedness.

Posted November 25, 2004

I graduated in 2000 and was totalled prepared for college. FHS had and I am sure still has an advanced curriculum in the core subjects. Their science department was wonderfully. I recommened FHS to anyone wanting a quality education in a safe enviroment.

Posted September 11, 2004

This will be my fourth year at Fontianebleau High, and I must say that the school as a whole, is the best you will find for Louisianna Public Schools. Although some teachers arn't as passionate as others, most teachers want to see students succed. The Gifted programs are completely awesome!! All of the Gifted Teachers truly care about a student's success, want to see students expanding thier minds, and are very willing to dedicate time outside of school hours. The AP program is also very very good! In on-level classes it is easier to find teachers that are bogged down with too many students, but the schoolboard is highering new and qualified faculy, and this problem will be sloved shortly. I have grown to love FHS and, with our new principle, things are changing for the better! I am excited to see where this school will go!

Posted August 16, 2004

Both of my children are at FHS and feel it is a very good school where they will be prepared for college. Parents are encouraged to get involved. The PTA is very active and parent volunteers make a differece. My children enjoy FHS and are active in different extracurricular activities. In 2004-2005 school we got a new principal and looking forward to a great year. Only negative is the over crowding, there are 2000+ students and number grows all the time. I must say we do not a problem with fights like I hear from other large schools. This is a safe place for our children.

Posted July 17, 2004

St. Tammany Parish is the top school district in Louisiana, which isn't saying much since Louisiana is such a low educational state. However, St. Tammant Parish is becoming one of the best in the nation which is saying a lot. And Fontainebleau High has scored the highest overall Graduate Exit Exam scores this past year and they continues to rise. Parents love sending their kids there because they know they are getting a top rate education. Many of the kids also love it, despite some of the tough curriculum. Some people might complain that they only prepare pupils for standardized testing, but they do that and prepare them for college and/or the real world. Teachers and staff care about all students. The school not only has a top curriculum, but also numerous activities, service organizations, state-known athletics program and music program, and high parental involvement. What a stupendous school! Go Bulldogs!

Posted July 3, 2004

FHS, is an 'okay' school. I have been going there for two years now. They concentrate mostly on standardize testing mostly, mainly the english department. The science department is wonderful, we have quite a few labs that allows students to get a hands on experience. The math department is rather nice because the math teachers are all close and have many different teaching methods they use to make sure every student comprehends. We have some outstanding teachers that are passionate about what they teach, but we also have a few blemishes which according to Louisiana law can not be fired because of being a member of that school for so long. But all in all, FHS is an okay place to learn. It has many ups and downs. But I have grown to love it.

Posted June 4, 2004

I'm going to be a sophmore at FHS next year.I absolutely love it! It's the best and I just moved here from Harvey, so I've only been one year. The kids and teachers there are amazing. I have so many great friends! Nobody I know gets made fun of or judged by other kids. I'm so happy I got the chance to go here. Its the best school ever!

Posted April 30, 2004

I'm currently a jounior at FHS class of 2005! THis school is the best! If you want to go to a good school FHS is that school the thing to do is band if you want to go to a school with a good band FHS is it the teachers are good and the band program is raisng the bar!

Posted April 1, 2004

this school is the best i have ever been to. the athletic programs are some of the best in the state. especially baseball. i dont have to worry about getting things stolen or being jumped like i did at edna karr in algiers new orleans. this is a good school and the second largest school in louisiana but i love it!

Posted August 22, 2003

Outstanding english department---prepares students for college. Challenging even to the brightest students

Posted August 10, 2003

When I attended school from '99 to '01 I was surprised that it wasn't as bad a school as I expected coming from Colorado schools. The expectations at Fontainebleau are in my opinion up there. All the teachers I had really showed interest in their students. Some I visit to this day and keep them updated about my kids and husband.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 69% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 67% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the Louisiana Educational Assessment Program for the 21st Century (LEAP 21) to assess students in grades 4 and 8 in math, English language arts, science and social studies. The LEAP 21 is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana. The goal is for all students to score at or above basic on the test.

In preparation for new assessments in 2014-15, Louisiana is including more common core aligned content in LEAP and iLEAP tests in 2012-13 and in 2013-14. The percent of students earning a proficient score is expected to be lower as a result of this change.

Source: Louisiana Department of Education

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 64% in 2010.

375 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2010.

375 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program (iLEAP) to assess students in grades 3, 5, 6, and 7 in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. The iLEAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana.

Source: Louisiana Department of Education

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 82% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 87% in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 93% in 2013.

English III

The state average for English III was 88% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 83% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the End-Of-Course (EOC) tests to test grade high school students in English 2, English 3, biology 1, algebra 1 and geometry. The EOC is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana. The EOC is a high school graduation requirement. The goal is for all students to score at or above basic on the test.

Source: LA Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 25%N/A67%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Fontainebleau Junior High School
Monteleone Junior High School
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Positive Behavior System score of 100% (2008)
  • Golden Achievement Award (6 years in a row) (2008)
  • School of Recognized Academic Growth (2008)

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language impairments
  • Visual impairments
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)

Media arts
  • Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
  • We have many parent volunteers who do everything from work in the front office to campus beautification. donations from businesses and individuals help fund scholarships, sports, and clubs. volunteers also serve on committees both academic and extra-curricular.

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Fontainebleau Junior High School
Monteleone Junior High School

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Louisiana State University