Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

the teachers don't pay attention to the students. And My friend always comes home and says he's getting bullied and he gets jumped every other day. and that the kids make fun of him and steal his lunch money

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers dont really help me when im confused, and im 504 so i need all the help i can get . They dont really pay any attention to any of the students

This is the best school my child has ever went to I highly recommend this school for any child

Estell Elementary is one of the best schools my son attended for the whole 6 years.

I believe the Principal is an excellent leader! She seems to care about the kids. This is my daughter and nieces second year at Estelle. My nieces went to C.T. Janet before attending Estelle and the experience was horrible! I love that the Principal and Teachers at Estelle encourages parental involvement. At C.T. Janet you had to make an appointment and be 'picked' to go on field trips with your child. You could not just volunteer. The transition was easy and I am so happy that we changed to Estelle. I only wish they has more extracurricular activites for grades other than fourth and fifth.

This is my daughter second year here at Estelle. I have worked with the teachers as well as my child who has ADHD and I enjoy haveing the same teacher as she did last year. We had to adjust since Katrina. It was hard but with the Estelle's help and the faculty's help we were blessed, now my child is sucessful.

This is an excellent public school. The principal is caring and the special education program is good. The GIfted program is wonderful!

Estelle Elementary was wonderful prior to 2005. Since that time the school seem to suffer from the lost of two very good assistant principals, who seemed to care more about the students than the principal does. Estelle does a wonderful job with the Special Needs students, but the faculty and staff seem to take the regular education students for granted, which is unfortunate. All students deserve to be treated with love and respect. Also, Estelle has an unusually low number of non-white student in its GEMS program. Often times, the parents of Non-white students are not even aware this program exist for those student who display exceptional academic ability. Estelle use to be a great school, but not any longer.

I am the parent of a child who is at Estelle now and the parent of another who came from Estelle. I can't complain about anything. Both my children were in Special Ed. I really feel that if it were not for the teacher they had they would not be what they are today. My daughter has moved out of special ed and is in all regular ed classes and is doing fine. My son is currently at Estelle and is doing well both had the same teacher, I feel that they need to learn at a slowere pace and on different levels and I can say that Estelle was able to provide them with what they needed. Parents are always welcome to Estelle and are always welcome to help in their child's class, I know my son benefits from having his parent at school helping out. I have all praises.

My son started the year in another Jefferson Parish school where they were not helpful. I moved him to Estelle where they have bent over backwards to help him. His teacher, Miss Tiffany, has worked with us to make sure our child is successful in school and finds a love for school. Everyday he wakes up happy and ready to attend school. I believe this is essential to be becoming a life long learner. We are happy with our move to Estelle and feel he will get the all around academics and caring from the teachers that a child needs to be successful.

Last modified Estelle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.