8-9|Private

Bad
Good

My son wanted to go to an all boys school. Rummel is a good fit for him. The classes are a little larger than I like but he is doing well there. He is enrolled in there engineering program. As a junior he has worked with one othe the local college professors that teaches engineering. He loves the teachers and all the faculty is very nice. Everyone tries to help the boys if they need it. I would recommend Rummel for any young man starting high school.

This school is excellent for education and learning about the real world, this school has taught me many things about respect and how to treat others.

I have just finished my Eight Grade year at this school, and I am coming into my Ninth. I have to say this is an excellent school. I am in the Honors program and I am treated with respect, have great teachers, and excel with the rest of the class. Besides honors, there are programs with students who learn at an average level, and those who need extra support with their learning. Your child will be given a great education, and this school will prepare him to enter college easily, and possibly with a head start.

I currently have three sons that attend Rummel, one senior and two eigth graders. I am a Rummel alumnus. I was a little apprehensive four years ago to send my oldest son here because I was hearing negative things about the school from others in the community. None of the negativity was true. We have been truly amazed at how our boys are doing there. They are excited to go to school each day and are very involved. The school leaders and faculty are amazing. They truly treat each child as someone very special who has their own gifts and talents to share with others. My boys are performing well on all standardized tests and my senior is being recruited by schools like Duke and Stanford. If you desire a well rounded son who learns to develop his talents to the fullest, serves others in the community, and steps into leadership roles with ease and a desire to succeed, then Rummel is the place for your son. Rummel also has three academic levels versus the two offered by most other catholic boys schools in the area, but still have 7 out of 10 seniors qualify for TOPS. Their ACT prep course in part of their junior year curriculum. Their academic prgrams are excellent.

If you are considering this school, I reccomend you look elsewhere. The staff here is quite immature about following nitpick rules yet there is no discipline in many classrooms and teachers get run over. Priorities here need to be straightened out. They have a few publicity stunts throughout the year, don't let them fool you. Also, the spend a day is a lie; nothing is as it seems. Go elsewhere, anywhere but this scam. They're in it for your money.

My third son is attending Rummel. My husband graduated from Rummel and so did a brother. There is a well rounded education that they rec'd from Rummel. Not only did they learn academically and succeed professionally, but also socially well rounded is the key to success. My youngest son loves ARHS, the teachers and his friends and he is doing better than he ever has. He has become very motiated and ambitious.

Many people in the N.O. area are snobs about schools and do not think Rummel is as good as Jesuit. I disagree. I have 2 nephews who are graduates of Rummel. One is a CPA and the other is working on his Masters in Finance. My son is a sophomore at Rummel. Very pleased with Rummel from top to bottom -- academically, spiritually, the campus, etc. Principal and teachers are very caring and concerned about students. My son loves the school. I see great things ahead for him because Rummel is preparing him well. I highly recommend Rummel. Submitted by Cathy Forstall, a parent

Last modified Archbishop Rummel Jr. High School (Boys) is a Private school that serves grades 8-9