Posted October 27, 2014
love the teachers! great hard working people! my three kids have all gone there, no complains.

Posted July 21, 2014
Horrible, Horrible school. My child only attended this school her Kindergarten year & I pulled her out & enrolled her in a Catholic school since Jefferson parish is so strict about school districts. She cried everyday she had to attend Phoebe Hearst. There is NOT enough one on one time with these students, way too many children in a class. Its ran like a wild zoo. I believe there were over 30 kids in her Kindergarten class. There is no order in this school & it makes it dificult for these children to get the education they need to survive. Not to mention, the gate that led up to the Kindergarten building was never shut & locked, always wide open all day for any random person to come in! I never felt safe knowing that security measures werent met. Needless to say, after enrolling her into a different school her grades & self confidence has risen dramatically! My advice is if you have another option other than Phoebe Hearst go with the next option! Someone needs to seriously evaluate this school, principal & staff.

Phoebe Hearst School 2

Posted April 02, 2014
Well my daughter attended this school for only 3 weeks!! she did not like it! Teachers and staffs are always yelling!!! horrible! one day i saw a child kicking another child's head! and i had to stop him! The principal is awful, does not even say "hi" to most of parents!! office staffs are bad also and treat us as they treat the kids! bad bad bad! for sure, there are same good people, cafeteria for example, but unfortunately very few!

Posted March 18, 2014
It all starts with leadership. The principal is awful. He should be fired. There are some good people that are at the school. Too many kids per classroom. Unfortunately the principal uses the fact that many kids that attend this school are from Hispanic background and in many cases parents are unable to complain. He uses the language barrier to get away with his inability to lead a learning institution by ignoring problems or simply blaming others. I have heard nothing good about this school. It's a shame really. Until they fire this principal it will not change. If you care about your kids safety do not send them here.

Posted September 28, 2013
I'm a parent to a new student of the kindergarten class. I just want to say in just the few weeks he has been there the changes for the better the school and the school teachers has made for not only him, but for us too. I was scared and nervous letting go of my baby boy not to mention how he felt of being left at a new place not knowing anyone coming from a child who was always home. He had never been in enrolled in daycares nor had he even spent a whole day with a family member. The teachers here have taught us how to turn loose and have taught him how to do things that was a little struggle for me. So I'm very thankful we as a family are apart of Phoeba Hearst School. Everyone there including the office workers have been very helpful and understanding in all our situations .

Phoebe Hearst School 2

Posted March 11, 2013
I like the teachers so far! The Pre- k , kindergarten, 1st grade, and second grade have been excellent teachers!!!! But the principal is no good , hes not nice to some people because of race ,shouldnt be that way...the school does seem poorly kept, im thinking of moving my kids soon! Just thinking of the type of person that runs the place make me dislike it...

Posted December 14, 2012
This school is awful. The teachers are awful and so is the principal. The school looks so dirty and unkept. My son was an honor roll student for 3 years and now failing! FAILING! The teachers are stressed out and they issue behavior reports like its going out of style. I dont know who types up the communication that is sent home but most of the time things are misspelled and the incorrect information is typed if your lucky to get a notice sent home at all. How was Phoebe Hearst built at the same time as Alice Birney (same layout and everything) but looks so much more unkept? I blame it on who runs the school. My son is suffering only to find out tutoring is at 7am... quite ridiculous! I feel so bad because we came from a catholic school to this.

Posted May 08, 2012
Absolutely the worst school i've ever had to deal with. My family is new to Louisiana and my child had to go to this school for 5th grade. I am so thankful that he only had to attend for the 1 yr or I would have homeschooled him. The students have total disrespect for the teachers and administrators and the cussing is unbelievable! There is zero parent participation. I asked the first day of school how i could help and was told by the teacher that they don't have parents in the classrooms.....i volunteered with the PTA but they really do nothing all year except fall fest and spring fling. We moved here from TN (attended 3rd and 4th there) and Florida (kindergarten, 1st and 2nd) The parents were so involved in the classroom.....raising money for the class doing spaghetti dinners, car washes, garage sales......helping on class trips (which there are none here) The projects my 5th grade child had to do he did in FIRST grade!! The administration cares zero about these children....it is a shame! I could go on and on but I am limited on how much i can write on here. The bullies run this school.....and that's that. The principal just wants to get thru the year!!

Posted October 24, 2011
Great school for foreigners, I had a couple a nice years there, Tuition was simply the best

Posted March 24, 2010
My children have been attending for 2 years now, thanks to the Dandridge order. The teaching staff is ...... like another parent mentioned 'hit or miss'. I would not recommend this school to anyone, there are a few good teachers there, but they are few and far between. Last year a teacher wrote on my child's paper ..... 'I am very pride of you'. Communication between parents and teachers is awful. I tried to give this school a chance, it hasn't worked out so well. Next year we are either moving or changing to private school.

Phoebe Hearst School
5208 Wabash Street, Metairie, LA  70001
Last modified Phoebe Hearst School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phoebe Hearst School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top