New Iberia, LA

Center Street Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2013
My child has attended this school for 3 years. She excells there. The principal is very nice and professional. Classes are available for visitation one wk of every month. If I ever had a concern the teacher responded back immediately. The school is secured and for the safety of children - parents without appointments are asked to call ahead or schedule one, to respect teaching time. Parents are encouraged to visit for lunch, volunteer, and invited throughout the year for various scheduled activities. The secretary is very welcoming and nice. They older and younger kids have separate playgrounds. The school has been there for a long time. The school is very established and has a calm quiet vibe. The children are taught to be respectful and considerate. Any parent who has negative comments probably had a negative experience personally. Which is not a true reflection of the school, just a personal opinion- keep this in mind when reading other posts

Center Street Elementary School 5

Posted January 19, 2012
My son started going to center st this year. And both him and myself LOVE school. The teachers are way sweet and they have a new.principal and she's absolutely amazing. Very hands on with the teachers and students. Everytime I go in to volunteer or need to talk to anyone she's always welcoming. They have parent visitation once a month for a whole week. This is so the parents can go and sit in the class and see how and what their children are learning. I feel that my son will greatly enjoy the rest of his time in this school. The transportation department is a different story though. They are rude and the bus drivers are not at all safe. I would highly recommend taking your child back and forth.

Center Street Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2011
This school is like a prison for children , parents have to make an appt to talk to the teacher and the principal , just like in prison . I hate that my child is zoned for this school . All they are worried about is their school looking good they dont care about none of the kids . No wornder Louisiana looks so bad because of schools like this one!!

Posted September 19, 2008
I have a grandchild who attends Center St and I just thought it was bad with previous Principals! This one is rude and condesending and does not have one empathetic bone in her body. Ms. Foreman should retire and never work around children again.

Posted May 29, 2008
I would like to say this schoo would be a good school if the principal would have a better communication with the parents. I have 2 kids that attended that school and have for 3 years. I really don't like that u have to make appt to go and sit in on your child's classroom. If you would like to talk to the principal u have to make an appt an not one that a day later try a week later. I find the teachers are good with the students and they really help them with their Leap this year.

Center Street Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008
My son attends this school, and I can't ever get a teacher or the principal to talk with me.

Center Street Elementary School 3

Posted October 20, 2007

Center Street Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2005
The teachers and staff here display a level of apathy that is alarming. I have recently decided to home school them rather than expose them to this level of abuse. I would not reccomen voluntarily enrolling my child here.

Center Street Elementary School 2

Posted May 02, 2005

Center Street Elementary School
1520 Center Street, New Iberia, LA  70560
Last modified Center Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top