PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 02, 2015
I would like to say thank you to every teacher but one especially. Ms. Tina McCovins is such an awesome teacher. She really takes the time to help every child and meet them where they are at. My child came to her without any ability to read in Kindergarten. My child left out reading on a second grade level. I am truly thankful for dedication to impact into my child.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted December 02, 2015
I believe that they are effective. Just like any other teacher all can always be more effective because there is still room for them to grow. The one thing that I love about the teachers is that they find more ways every year to improve whatever their skill is. This is more effective than someone who stops learning.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 02, 2015
My child has homework. However, it is never to the point of overload. Teachers are considerate and communicate very well.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
Students are challenged to never give up and to push forward to become successful. Though a student may make a mistake it doesn't specify that there is no hope. If students refuse to quit then they will be victorious.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
This school's standard is that every student no matter who they are or where they come from display respect. It is a way of life. Respect is a must not optional.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
My child comes home so happy everyday because she has a place where she can belong. She no longer has to try to be something that she is not. She is comfortable in her own shoes.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
Teachers and staff display such integrity. They are truly examples to every child and honestly they care about the students.

Bishop Mcmanus School 5

Posted December 02, 2015
I love BMA. I can send my child and know that they are safe. They are equipped so that they can be successful inside of the classroom and in life.

Bishop Mcmanus School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
BMA is an awesome school. We moved from out of state and were disappointed to find out that Louisiana as a whole was behind academically by 1-2 years from our schools at home. However, we found that the curriculum at BMA surpassed all public and most private schools we researched. They were able to meet my children where they were rather than make them retake courses that they had already passed in prior years. I am thankful for all that my children have recieved from this school. The environment is also such a blessing, the principle is very kind, knows how to motivate and encourage every student, and keeps a safe and Godly environment in the school. I would not enroll my children at another school. My eldest has graduated and gone on to further her education. Graduating with honors and TOPS awards, as well as academic scholarship offers from in state and out of state schools. I would say BMA did a great job in preparing her to succeed. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants quality education and environment.

Bishop Mcmanus School 1

Posted March 10, 2014
As a parent of a child that attend BMA, I have to say this is the worst school I put my daughter in, they have so many flaws.....I guarantee she will not be attending next year.... Wish I would have listen to family and other parents who taken there kids out of this school, but don't listen to me... I just ask that you do your research on BMA...... THEY NEED A NEW PRINCIPLE! Only reason they got a star because I had to put one up to post!! I pray they would change because I hate to speak bad on a house that was built for the lord and his children!

13123 Interstate 10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA  70128
Last modified Bishop Mcmanus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.