PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I believe that they are effective. Just like any other teacher all can always be more effective because there is still room for them to grow. The one thing that I love about the teachers is that they find more ways every year to improve whatever their skill is. This is more effective than someone who stops learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child has homework. However, it is never to the point of overload. Teachers are considerate and communicate very well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers and staff display such integrity. They are truly examples to every child and honestly they care about the students.

I love BMA. I can send my child and know that they are safe. They are equipped so that they can be successful inside of the classroom and in life.

BMA is an awesome school. We moved from out of state and were disappointed to find out that Louisiana as a whole was behind academically by 1-2 years from our schools at home. However, we found that the curriculum at BMA surpassed all public and most private schools we researched. They were able to meet my children where they were rather than make them retake courses that they had already passed in prior years. I am thankful for all that my children have recieved from this school. The environment is also such a blessing, the principle is very kind, knows how to motivate and encourage every student, and keeps a safe and Godly environment in the school. I would not enroll my children at another school. My eldest has graduated and gone on to further her education. Graduating with honors and TOPS awards, as well as academic scholarship offers from in state and out of state schools. I would say BMA did a great job in preparing her to succeed. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants quality education and environment.

As a parent of a child that attend BMA, I have to say this is the worst school I put my daughter in, they have so many flaws.....I guarantee she will not be attending next year.... Wish I would have listen to family and other parents who taken there kids out of this school, but don't listen to me... I just ask that you do your research on BMA...... THEY NEED A NEW PRINCIPLE! Only reason they got a star because I had to put one up to post!! I pray they would change because I hate to speak bad on a house that was built for the lord and his children!

I believe BMA needs more improvement. One thing all Teachers need to be certified. Second, the curriculum they have for the lower grades are okay, but once your child enters the middle school part, the system they have is horrible. I recently found out the curriculum they use is a home school program that that only cost 30.00 if you purchase it yourself. The program is not being taught; the kids are reading the work themselves and doing the lessons on their own. Every now and then, the teacher may pick out some key points in the lesson, but overall the kids are doing the lesson by themselves on the computer. The classes are not separated they have 4th and 5th graders to gether and next year they will have 6th and 7th graders together, And so on. Now I know why the work is just being facilitated because the teachers do not have enough time to teach each grade accordingly. If your child is not a visual or self-learner this would be a waste of time and money for you!

My grandson was enrolled in the Pre-K program at this school. The classroom was not developmentally appropriate and children were being taught using videos instead of authentic experiences. I found the Principal to be very rude when asked about these practices. Grandparents were not welcome in the school. My grandson did not have a good experience at this school and everyday when asked how school was, his response was "not good". I don't know about the rest of the school but the preschool program was not appropriate in my opinion.

I have two daughter's attending BMA for their second year. One is in High school and the other middle school. BMA not only offers great education that is inline with requirements for All colleges but the environment is a great place for these precious years in their development.

Parent to Parent: Finding the right school for ur child is a difficult task. If you r searching for information on a school to help u with ur decision, let me tell u, the internet can be a useful source, but PLEASE do not trust it alone. Comments can b manipulated. The best source of info is from former students and their parents. As a parent of a former student, my advice to u concerning BMA is...this is Not a good school choice. Do your own research talk to REAL people. If you do you will save yourself a lot of time, money and frustration. Most importantly, you will save your child or children. Don't give up.....keep searching. Good luck!

Last modified Bishop Mcmanus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.