Public charter
New Orleans, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 02, 2012
I have a child in Kindergarten and another in 1st grade. We switched our kids from a local private school to Hynes. We were scared to death and spent many sleepless nights worrying about our decision. Let me tell you that we could not be happier. We feel certain that our kids are getting a better education than they were getting at the expensive, private school in our neighborhood. In fact, our daughter was BEHIND other kids in her Hynes class when she started the year! Of course the Hynes staff took notice and immediately got her the extra help she needed to catch up and now she is excelling. The teachers are wonderful, the staff is dedicated, communication with parents is phenomenal. The only improvement I see needed (and which I feel is getting better) is parental involvement. We have so many wonderful parents who give tirelessly of their time and talents but at the private school I would say nearly 100% of the parents would step up to the plate, so to speak, when asked and at Hynes, a few parents carry all the weight. But the staff? They give 110%! We are very pleased.

Posted January 23, 2012
Great school, great team work. I cannot complain anything about the school. I am very proud that I am part of the team.

Posted January 19, 2012
Hooray!!! The Hynes Husky Family has returned to its pre-Katrina site in a brand new, modern building at 990 Harrison Avenue!! The French Immersion program, Art, Band, Choir and all the sports teams now have plenty of room. The library and computer labs are amazing. Our children are thriving in an academically focused setting under the caring guidance of the talented staff and administration.

Posted October 04, 2010
They take anyone, just normal kids and help them shine. No culling out the kids who will bring down their statistics. They love their kids.

Posted October 03, 2010
The best new Orleans public school and the most dedicated teachers.

Posted October 01, 2010
We visited many private schools in the area before visiting Hynes. I was so impressed with all Hynes had to offer, even in the less than perfect temporary building. The administration and teachers are dedicated and caring and there is a strong PTO. My child is in his second year at Hynes and we could not be happier with our decision.

Posted October 01, 2010
From our first day at Hynes I felt as if we were part of a family. The principal, assistant principal, office staff, and teachers all know by children by name. There is a constant vein of caring and respect that exudes from the students, teachers, and staff. It is a wonderful, caring, loving, learning environment for my children.

Posted September 30, 2010
Award winning teachers and caring staff plus great extra curricular activities make Hynes THE best choice for my two sons!

Posted September 30, 2010
My daughters have learned so much at Hynes. They love their teachers and all the teachers and administrators know my girls. I feel like we are a family here.

Posted September 30, 2010
The address listed on Carrollton Avenue is not current. That was a temporary address after the storm. The school is being rebuilt right now (due to flood/Katrina), and is currently housed on Gentuilly Blvd. Love love love this school! My daughter has attended since pre-K and now she;s in 7th grade! Can't wait until the new school is rebuilt in Fall 2011! The teachers are excellent, and parental involvement is great!

Edward Hynes Charter School
990 Harrison Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70124
Last modified Edward Hynes Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward Hynes Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top