Public charter
New Orleans, LA

Edward Hynes Charter School 2

Posted June 06, 2015
there is no art,no PE,15 minute recess 15 minute lunches.there is no time for creativity or just being children.my child was so stressed out and that isn't normal for a 7 year old.homework would take up to 3 hours and would end in tears.all hynes prepares you for is getting high scores and making themselves look good on paper.myself and several other parents removed our children from hynes in the middle of the school year,that says a whole lot and that's just her class alone.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 06, 2015
Crazy amount for 2nd graders hours of homework to the point that there was no time for playing.that on top of only 15 minutes of recess

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 06, 2015
To the point that it causes stress in little children.7 year olds shouldn't be under that much pressure

Posted April 23, 2015
Hynes is an excellent school with a top-notch curriculum and wonderful extra-curricular activities. The faculty, staff, and families at Hynes are high-quality. Of all the public and private options we considered, we could not have made a better decision. Our children are thriving at Hynes. I can not praise the administration and faculty highly enough, particularly Ms. Michelle Douglas and Ms. Charmaine Williams!

Posted February 02, 2012
I have a child in Kindergarten and another in 1st grade. We switched our kids from a local private school to Hynes. We were scared to death and spent many sleepless nights worrying about our decision. Let me tell you that we could not be happier. We feel certain that our kids are getting a better education than they were getting at the expensive, private school in our neighborhood. In fact, our daughter was BEHIND other kids in her Hynes class when she started the year! Of course the Hynes staff took notice and immediately got her the extra help she needed to catch up and now she is excelling. The teachers are wonderful, the staff is dedicated, communication with parents is phenomenal. The only improvement I see needed (and which I feel is getting better) is parental involvement. We have so many wonderful parents who give tirelessly of their time and talents but at the private school I would say nearly 100% of the parents would step up to the plate, so to speak, when asked and at Hynes, a few parents carry all the weight. But the staff? They give 110%! We are very pleased.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 23, 2012
Great school, great team work. I cannot complain anything about the school. I am very proud that I am part of the team.

Posted January 19, 2012
Hooray!!! The Hynes Husky Family has returned to its pre-Katrina site in a brand new, modern building at 990 Harrison Avenue!! The French Immersion program, Art, Band, Choir and all the sports teams now have plenty of room. The library and computer labs are amazing. Our children are thriving in an academically focused setting under the caring guidance of the talented staff and administration.

Posted October 04, 2010
They take anyone, just normal kids and help them shine. No culling out the kids who will bring down their statistics. They love their kids.

Posted October 03, 2010
The best new Orleans public school and the most dedicated teachers.

Posted October 01, 2010
We visited many private schools in the area before visiting Hynes. I was so impressed with all Hynes had to offer, even in the less than perfect temporary building. The administration and teachers are dedicated and caring and there is a strong PTO. My child is in his second year at Hynes and we could not be happier with our decision.

990 Harrison Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70124
Last modified Edward Hynes Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward Hynes Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top