PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

So, I attended St. Andrew my entire life and graduated a few years ago. There was always a new principal and vice principal every few years, so that became pretty annoying after a while. It always felt like the priest was trying to force his whole Salesian agenda on us. To be honest, we all thought he would change the school's name to "St. John Bosco School" or something because we had giant portraits and statues of him everywhere. He ran the school with an iron fist and we were all afraid of him. The classes were ok. Nothing really special about them, but they were a nice introduction to the honors classes I'm now taking in high school. The teachers for my last year were amazing, but I believe a lot of those teachers have left now. Diversity could be another issue if you're considering this school. When I was attending the majority of my classmates were white. There were only maybe 6 people who were not white in the entire grade level. This school is also very "cliquey." Many of the students would only hang out with the same group of friends and they were never very friendly to "outsiders." Different cliques would constantly talk about each other and everyone was kind of two-faced. A few of my friends and I noticed that the school did play favorites. The more money your parents gave the school, the better they treated you. Overall this school isn't awful (even though it sure did feel like it when I was a student), but it isn't the best either. If you manage to find some decent people to make it through the years with then you'll survive.

we have been at the school since its 1st year of prek 3. it has been a wonderful experience. We have had great teachers. Open door policy. Children are nice. Love It

This school is awful I recently graduated from here and went to Dominican where I'm FAILING I feel so stupid I mad straight A's every year awful school

I attended SAS for 9 years many years ago and graduated from there. Although I felt like there was some catering to the "rich kids" which I am not one of, I can tell you I got the best education of nearly anyone I know. I hated it when I was there, but I realize now as an adult the value of my education there. I continue to refer back to my experiences there, and also have a great number of lifelong friends I made there that even after so many years, I still talk to often.

St. Andrew's is in the midst of change and I think while they are looking for the proper leadership the education provided to the kids is suffering. I was disappointed in the lack of communication and also mis-communication we received from the school. Often communications sent home were unclear. There was one parent/teacher conference at the beginning of the year and nothing past that. The school provides a web site called Edline to communicate to the teachers and while that's effective it's hard to get the true idea of events that have happened in an email and no one ever picked up a phone to discuss anything. I am hoping that they are able to find the proper leadership/teacher mix for the school and that the school will be able to reach a 5-star rating.

Saint Andrew's is one of the best schools I have come across in a long time. In my opinion, it is the best on the Westbank. The principal, teachers, staff, and priest are caring, attentive, respectful of student's learning and incredible atmosphere. In the recent year there have been many changes with staff- all for the better. Not ONE leadership quality is lacked at this school. I will send all of my children here (we already have two, and pregnant with two more).

This school is slowly falling by the wayside. Teachers who were excelling at their jobs but disagreed slightly with how the priest was running the school were terminated and their names ravished around campus. Their friends and colleagues tried to stand up for them and got the same treatment. The school has been through three principals and vice principals because even new faces do not agree with what the priest has to say so he kicks them to the curb with no more thought. He runs the school through fear. The mission statement I read on their website is nothing like how they act on site. Some teachers play favorites and from my experience do not listen to what students looking for some kind help have to say if your not one of these favorites. I suggest starting somewhere else.

This school and church is one of the most "cliquey" environments I have every encountered ! My child has been in school there since 2005, now in fifth grade (ex-wifes choice). The schoolwork is handed out in class not taught most of the teaching is done at home by the parents.Of the few school functions I have attended I found most of the other parents as well as most of the staff to be stuck-up and arrogant, well the maintenance man does speak to me. I guess my average car,average income just doesnt fit in with them. According to my child this arrogance is emulated by the some of the students by bulling and the forming of these cliques (which apparently gets a blind eye from teachers). Bottom line is if you are affluent and don't mind your child being a bully while recieving an inadequate education then this school is for you.If you are an average person working hard to keep your child out of the public school system the maybe another school would be a better choice.

St. Andrew the Apostle is not great like many think. There is a lot of bullying that goes on and nothing is done. Sure the teachers are aware of it, but they turn their heads and pretend not to see it. Many children are hurt on purpose by other students and the teachers lead the students to say it is an accident through play. Yes, the curriculum is good, but the treatment of many students is unfair.

This is our first year at the school and we moved in from out of state. I just want to give prospective parents the heads up that the school will not place incoming students in honors classes. Regardless of your child's test scores, report cards, etc., they will be placed in regular classes so you may want to check into this during the application process. Overall we are happy with the teachers but the education is not as challenging as our old school. One draw for us was that it seemed to offer many extra-curricular activities (band, dance team, cheerleading, basketball, etc.) but communication regarding these activities is terrible with the exception of cross country.

Last modified St Andrew The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8