St Andrew The Apostle School 1

Posted April 11, 2014
This school is awful I recently graduated from here and went to Dominican where I'm FAILING I feel so stupid I mad straight A's every year awful school

Posted October 25, 2013
I attended SAS for 9 years many years ago and graduated from there. Although I felt like there was some catering to the "rich kids" which I am not one of, I can tell you I got the best education of nearly anyone I know. I hated it when I was there, but I realize now as an adult the value of my education there. I continue to refer back to my experiences there, and also have a great number of lifelong friends I made there that even after so many years, I still talk to often.

St Andrew The Apostle School 3

Posted June 06, 2012
St. Andrew's is in the midst of change and I think while they are looking for the proper leadership the education provided to the kids is suffering. I was disappointed in the lack of communication and also mis-communication we received from the school. Often communications sent home were unclear. There was one parent/teacher conference at the beginning of the year and nothing past that. The school provides a web site called Edline to communicate to the teachers and while that's effective it's hard to get the true idea of events that have happened in an email and no one ever picked up a phone to discuss anything. I am hoping that they are able to find the proper leadership/teacher mix for the school and that the school will be able to reach a 5-star rating.

St Andrew The Apostle School 5

Posted April 15, 2012
Saint Andrew's is one of the best schools I have come across in a long time. In my opinion, it is the best on the Westbank. The principal, teachers, staff, and priest are caring, attentive, respectful of student's learning and incredible atmosphere. In the recent year there have been many changes with staff- all for the better. Not ONE leadership quality is lacked at this school. I will send all of my children here (we already have two, and pregnant with two more).

St Andrew The Apostle School 2

Posted March 16, 2011
This school and church is one of the most "cliquey" environments I have every encountered ! My child has been in school there since 2005, now in fifth grade (ex-wifes choice). The schoolwork is handed out in class not taught most of the teaching is done at home by the parents.Of the few school functions I have attended I found most of the other parents as well as most of the staff to be stuck-up and arrogant, well the maintenance man does speak to me. I guess my average car,average income just doesnt fit in with them. According to my child this arrogance is emulated by the some of the students by bulling and the forming of these cliques (which apparently gets a blind eye from teachers). Bottom line is if you are affluent and don't mind your child being a bully while recieving an inadequate education then this school is for you.If you are an average person working hard to keep your child out of the public school system the maybe another school would be a better choice.

St Andrew The Apostle School 2

Posted February 14, 2011
St. Andrew the Apostle is not great like many think. There is a lot of bullying that goes on and nothing is done. Sure the teachers are aware of it, but they turn their heads and pretend not to see it. Many children are hurt on purpose by other students and the teachers lead the students to say it is an accident through play. Yes, the curriculum is good, but the treatment of many students is unfair.

St Andrew The Apostle School 3

Posted January 12, 2011
This is our first year at the school and we moved in from out of state. I just want to give prospective parents the heads up that the school will not place incoming students in honors classes. Regardless of your child's test scores, report cards, etc., they will be placed in regular classes so you may want to check into this during the application process. Overall we are happy with the teachers but the education is not as challenging as our old school. One draw for us was that it seemed to offer many extra-curricular activities (band, dance team, cheerleading, basketball, etc.) but communication regarding these activities is terrible with the exception of cross country.

Posted November 07, 2010
This is my third year at SAS. I love the school. It is unfortunate others have had negative experiences. I have found the teachers to be very caring and nurturing. Although the curriculum is very challenging, most teachers are willing to evaluate and initiate various methods to reach those students needs. A previous reviewer was also incorrect in stating that some teachers don t have degrees . That is completely false. The entire faculty has degrees; some even have Master s degrees. I have found all the teachers and administration to be very dedicated. Strong community involvement is also an important component to the school s success. They have an incredible PTA, School Board, and Foundation, all which promote school growth and improvement. The priest is very caring. The kids love hm. The priest is very involved and works hard to meet the teachers needs.

Posted August 01, 2010
Are the last 3 reviews by the same person? Yikes. I have 3 kids at SATAS this year. Candidly, St. Andrew is more than 50% of the reason we stayed in Algiers the last 5yrs. We've had a great experience, my kids do well - academically, emotionally and socially - and I can't imagine being as satisfied elsewhere. The Priest that the last reviewer said "has everyone running for cover" is absolutely loved and revered by all the kids...I don't know *what* that person was talking about. Admittedly, some teachers have been better than others, but I don't expect every teacher in every school to be perfect. If there's a flaw there it's that they have very high expectations of their students: our kids started at PK, and have kept up. Inbound transfers may struggle. Graduates have their pick of highschools.

St Andrew The Apostle School 1

Posted July 28, 2010
This school needs a serious change. The new Principal is unfriendly and uncaring. The teachers seem to be so unhappy there. The Priest has everyone running for cover. He is mean spirited. If you dont fit into their perfect box this is not your school. Did not prepare my kids for high school . Some of their teachers do not having teaching degrees.

St Andrew The Apostle School
3131 Eton Street, New Orleans, LA  70131
Last modified St Andrew The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Andrew The Apostle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.