Bad
Good

the school has been apart of my family for many years. my youngest sister attended this school when she was in first grade. my oldest daughter is 22 and she also attended the school. I have seen good come from the school I've seen bad come from the school. But never have I ever seen teachers not love care and try to do their best for their children.I have seen these teachers do all they can do to try to better their students and make them who they are today. I have a son who's been injured and his elementary school teachers went to the hospital to see how he was doing. if that is not love from the teachers at Hazel Park I don't know what is. if I had to tell anyone about the school I would definitely say it is one of the best schools out in this area.to all the teachers their great job keep up the good work

I am writing here primarily about the pre-k program. My daughter is in it this year and she LOVES going to school. Her teacher is phenomenal with the children. We are about 2 1/2 months in and she is still excited for school every day. With that said, only 2 1/2 months in and she has learned so much already from letters, numbers, and shapes, to respect for and love for the other students. I have popped in unexpected even and everything is running smoothly (as it can for a building full of preschoolers), I and my daughter are always treated with respect and kindness, and I have yet to hear any of the teachers there scream or yell. They treat those students with care and love.

This School Is A Joke...Nothing But Bullying & Fights Going On...All Seems To Happen During P.E. & Lunchtime...I Do My Part As A Parent & Report Issues That My Children Come Home With...Everything Gets Brushed Under The Rug... The Bullying Got So Out Of Hand And Not Addressed...I Took It All The Way To Juvenile Detectives...The Main Focus Of This Faculty & Staff Seems To Be To Keep All Discipline Problems Hush Hush In Order To Maintain Their Scores...Don't Get Me Wrong...Not All Of The Teachers Or Staff Are Bad..But A Good Majority Are....It Would Also Be Nice If They Would Give Positive Feedback To Our Children...Not Just Negative...My Daughter Comes Home In A Bad Mood At Least 3-4 Times A Week

This is my child's first year in school. So far I have been greatly disappointed with the pre-k staffs treatment of students and attitude toward the children and parents! Some are quite aggressive with the children. I've witnessed children being grabbed and pulled very aggressively and even yelled at! How extremely inappropriate and UNEXCEPTABLE to treat children in such a manner especially pre-schoolers! Thankfully my child's teacher is reasonable enough. However she is very passive and aloof when ever I asked something as simple as how my child's first day went I received a very short and vague answer. "Everyone had a good day" then turned around with her back towards me to curt me off completely disengaged and uninterested in taking to me. My fianc has mentioned moving I think I will press the issue to try and get my child to a better school.

I went to Hazel Park. It was ok they really didnt pay attention to the students that much. A lot of kids got pick on over there. They took the orchestra out of the school (mainly violins) when I was in the 3rd grade. It's a shame about everything.

I've taught in numerous schools in the US as well as abroad. I can confidently say that Hazel Park is one of the best learning environments I have ever been privileged to experience. The teachers are constantly on a quest to improve their practice and truly care about the students they serve. The principal has led the school to some of the highest scores of a regular pubic school in JP. I would send my own child here.

I am extremely disappointed with this school.My child has been an honor roll student since K5 and in 1st and 2nd grade she went to christian school where the trend continued.She attended Hazel Park for the 1st time in 3rd grade and was accused of threatning another student-teacher did not hear this it was told to her by the other child who never liked my child. It was later dismissed. Now she is in 4th grade and it has been a year of hell since school started.That ridiculous tracker imposed by the principal has good kids getting detentions for forgetting books in their cubbies. The response is they need to learn responsibility. My child was also forced into signing a confession to an offense that she didn't even comitt,because she was scared to get a detention. After having a meeting with the principle the teacher changed her story.I

Hazel Park Elementary is such a rewarding and enriching school for my two sons, one of whom has a 504 plan due to his ADHD. The principal is hard working and the teachers are very involved and willing to help in my experience.

Last modified Hazel Park/Hilda Knoff School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.