PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 05, 2016
We have been at Southfield for the last four years, and we have had a wonderful experience. I know that my child is in a very safe and secure environment, and is receiving an excellent education. The teachers and administrators are caring and dedicated, and clearly interested in making sure ALL children are in an environment that foster's academic achievement and positive moral growth and development.

Southfield School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 18, 2016
Mr. Walker; The appreciation of the dedicated excellent work, caring, diligent and expertise that you and every board member, personnel members, Cafe members, volunteer members, Janitors, maintenance, Shreveport Police Department and any other person or entity that cultivates to my child's well-being and future cannot be expressed enough in my lifetime. Thank You So Very Much! God Be With Us, Elizabeth Tolson, NP

Southfield School 1

Posted January 30, 2016
This school is highly overrated. My child attended this school and she hated it. Too many busy body parents vying for control and no leadership from the head master. The teachers are good, but they could be so much better if they didn't have to worry about catering to overbearing, difficult parents. This school lacks leadership in the worst way. Parents are allowed to bully students and teachers without suffering the consequences of their actions if they donate enough money to the school. Again, this lack of leadership fosters a poor learning environment when children are more concern for their safety than they are about learning mathematics or science. My abvice to any parent that is thinking about having their child attend this school is to save your money and have your tested for one of the Magnet schools. The best decision we made as parents were pulling our child out of Southfield and testing for magnet. Our child is happy and excelling at South Highlands. Your child will be challenge more at one the Magnet schools than at Southfield and you will have peace of mind knowing that some over zealous busy body parent isn't bullying your child with the tacit approval of admistration. Parental cliques run the school

Posted July 14, 2011
Southfield is a excellent school! It offers so many wonderful programs that the kids are truly excited about learning. The kids seem to support and help each other. They also teach great values. It's a nice small environment. All of the faculty and staff are very supportive. The class size is smaller here too. It's an investment but one I don't regret and am thankful I did. I have had others comment to me about how much my kids have learned since they have been going to Southfield School. A biggie is no violence or worry about your child's safety. It's a very friendly, family oriented school. I could go on forever! It's a wonderful place to be! Check it out.

Posted February 28, 2011
I attended Southfield and have enrolled my children there as well. Excellent school; well worth the tuition.

Posted August 03, 2009
My 2 kids went to Southfield for the last 11 years - preschool-3 through the 8th grade. It is the highest quality school, private or public, in this area. It was worth every penny and the best investment we could have made in our kids' futures.

Posted June 21, 2009
Awesome school! I wouldn't trade it for the world. There isn't a day that goes by that myson doesn't want to attend school.

Southfield School 4

Posted March 03, 2008
Southfield is the best private school in shreveport/bossier

Posted April 20, 2006
The Southfield School has been an extraordinary school! The teachers, students and staff are head and shoulders above the rest. There is tremendous pride throughout the school. Everyone has been so very helpful and caring throughout the year. I am very impressed with what my child has learned both in and out of the classroom. My child has blossomed at Southfield School.

Posted March 15, 2005
I am now on child number three at this school, I can say without reservation that it is a wonderful, nuturing institution. The children are taught in an excellent environment by caring teachers and staff. It is worth the money invested in our childrens education. having your 1st grader come home and explain diphthong and schwa to you is an elevating experience.

Southfield School