Shreveport, LA

Posted October 09, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Claiborne Fundamental Magnet school, and I am very impressed with the level of time, love, attention, and patience the teachers seem to have. My daughter is extremely shy ,but she's filling herself out more and more with time. I must say the entire staff takes part in building their student's confidence and this warms my heart. I never thought great schools and great caring teachers still existed But I'm here to say they still exist at Claiborne Fundamental Magnet school.

Posted September 10, 2013
THE SCHOOL - PRINCIPAL - TEACHERS - ARE WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL - THE BEST SCHOOL TO BE CONNECTED WITH.

Posted October 15, 2009
My daughter started attending Claiborne this school year. From what I can see as of this date; the teachers are serious about edcuating the students there and are strict when it comes to rules and rgulations. This is the way a school should be ran. I have had to buckle down and do extra work myself to help her prepare. I fussed and moaned at the beginning; but relaized it was for her good and mine. What better way to prepare your child for the real world that to have no tolerance for excuses. Hard waork will pay off and Claiborne Fundamental Elementary will push thier students to the limit to take them where they need to be: SUCCESSFUL!

Posted June 01, 2009
We have a great school! Come by and check it out for yourself. Great kids, great parents, and caring teachers. It's the best school I have ever worked at!

Posted March 27, 2009
This is my son's firt year at the school and I have enjoyed the experiences that he has had. His teacher is so wonderful and has helped him achieve the one thing that he really wanted to learn to do which is read. His teacher is truly the kind of teacher that I remember having when I was a student at this school.

Posted February 02, 2008
As a teacher at this school, I think this school has lost of lot of what made it great. The parents do not take any responsibility for the actions of their children. They do not know what the word accountability means for their children. The parents complain to the school board to get their way and they usually do. The parents run the school. Unfortunately they will are also running the dedicated teachers off as well. There is no way my children would ever go to this school or any school in this district for that matter. This school has started a downward spiral that truly breaks my heart to watch.

Posted December 03, 2007
My child has attended this school for the past two years and we love it! All of the staff appears to really care for and love my child. They are always available and approachable. I would recommend this school to any parent of a smart child who wants their child to grow up in a loving school environment.

Claiborne Fundamental Elementary School 3

Posted July 08, 2007
While Claiborne is one of the magnet schools in Shreveport and the quality of education seems to be better than the majority of the schools here, it seems to provide an 'at standard' education to its students in comparison to other places we've lived. The principal is responsive, but at times may make excuses for things that are not going right within the school. My daughter is going to second grade and if I could choose a different magnet school, I probably would, however, Claiborne is as good as most neighborhood schools. On a very positive note, the Gateway (gifted) program at Claiborne is excellent. The program is structured and the students learn material that is interesting. If you're looking for 'extras' to motivate--this is not the place for you. The final awards ceremony was very poorly organized and very disappointing for students and parent in my opinion.

Posted May 30, 2007
My son was in kindergarten this year I was really impress with the amount of knowledge he as gain since the beginning of the school year. His teacher was very professional and stayed on top of his growth as a kindergartner. When there was a discipline problem she keep me informed before it got out of hand. He has done so well I am really looking forward to first grade.

Posted October 27, 2005
I recently evacuated from Lake charles, Louisiana. Claiborne was a breath of fresh educational air.My 2 children are extremely astute and the atmosphere of the school is wonderful. Art, science, even the books that were available was atonishing.The staff and faculty were really were comitted to the students. My 4th grader who has a 7th grade reading level was able to expand her reading list. She was so excited. She joined choir and wanted to join the school jump rope team. My 5th grader fell in love with the science lab and was able to read 3/4th of the book Eragon. The school was absolutely the most wonderful educational enviornment my children have experienced since moving to louisiana. I was hoping my husband would receive a transfer to that area unfortunately he still has no news. If given the opportunity to return I would not hesitate.

2345 Claiborne Avenue, Shreveport, LA  71103
Last modified Claiborne Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Claiborne Fundamental Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top