Shreveport, LA

Posted June 01, 2011
St. Joseph School has been such a blessing to our family! Our children are thriving here because of the strong academic curriculum and the loving environment. Catholic schools are typically one year ahead of the public schools in academic content (especially in Louisiana) and we find this to be very true at St. Joseph. Although the classes are challenging, we have wonderful teachers to lead the way. Our school offers so much for the children in the way of leadership roles, activities, organizations and sports. My children are involved in cheerleading, Running Club, Student Council, and basketball. They love school so much and have wonderful friends from great families. St. Joseph is such a great school!

St. Joseph School 4

Posted April 03, 2011
My child has attended St. Joseph School for the past two years and we have been nothing but pleased. The teachers are caring and attentive to my child's academic needs. The school works hard to provide all of the students with the best academic and spiritual resources. I wouldn't think of sending my child anywhere else. The middle school is one of the best in the area and the atmosphere is one of love and encouragement.

Posted November 15, 2009

Posted December 20, 2008
My children have attended SJS since K4, and are now in 2nd and 5th grade. I have been pleased with the academic rigor and level of discipline expected by the students. I know that the teachers are happy to be at the school, though they make quite a bit less than they would at a public school in Caddo parish. The parents do have an amazing level of involvement, but I do not see that students are judged based on their parents PTO contributions. Mrs. Belanger and Mrs. Mitchell are a very strong leadership team. We will be moving soon, and I hope to find a similar environment in our next location.

Posted May 02, 2008
Our two boys entered St. Joseph School midway through 1st and 4th grades. Both were warmly welcomed by students and teachers. Our boys have entered two other Catholic schools midyear and neither experience was as smooth and painless as St. Joseph. They have a fabulous counselor and the counseling center is a life saver. The principal, Mrs. Belanger, is tough but loving, a true gem. I cannot say enough positive things about St. Joseph. Both of our boys would go back to Shreveport and St. Joseph School tomorrow if it was possible!!!

St. Joseph School 0

Posted November 30, 2007
With one in 5th and one in 2nd, our family has been at St. Joseph's for seven years. SJS builds not only a strong academic foundation for our children, but helps them grow spiritually and personally. It is a wonderful environment to build self esteem and character. St. Joseph is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS) and offers a strong academic curriculum with certified teachers, and advantageous student-teacher ratios. The onsite Learning Center has a speech pathologist and guidance counselors as well as a special Focus program for more advanced students. The principal and assistant principal bring years of experience and leadership as the administration. The families of SJS are the hidden gem of the school with their involvement and support!

St. Joseph School 0

Posted November 15, 2007
My family has been at St. Joseph's School for 6 years. Both of my daughters started in Pre-K 3. My husband and I could not be happier with the decision we made to send our children to St. Joseph's. My daughters have been thriving academically, but more importantly they are learning true Christion values on a daily basis. My children love going to school everyday and I feel so at ease when I drop them off, because I know they are in a safe, loving and nurturing environment.

Posted November 14, 2007
I have two children that attend St. Joseph School. It has been a great choice for my family. The teachers are dedicated and compassionate. They care about the children and their education. My children love going to school everyday. They receive a top notch education along with an awareness of the ways in which they can help the world around them. St. Joseph is always tending to the needs of the local community as well as abroad. My children learn everyday how they can make a difference. At the end of the day you cannot put a price on that kind of education.

Posted November 08, 2007

Posted October 18, 2007
St. Joseph School has provided such a wonderful education for my two children. We have been at SJS for three years and are very happy with every aspect of the school. The academics are rigorous and challenging, however, the school atmosphere is loving and friendly. The teachers are so professional and kind. The administration is top-notch. My children enjoy Spanish, Art, Music and Computer Lab. The Librarian is great and the library has the latest technology. The Religion teachers instill the core values of a Catholic education. All of the families are very involved in the school. There are many activities in which children may choose to participate. My children enjoy the 'extras' such as violin lessons and participating in the PomPon girls. This school is a treasure!

St. Joseph School