Slidell, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 21, 2014
St. Margaret Mary Catholic School is a wonderful school! The Teachers, Staff, and Administration are devoted to Catholic education. They focus on developing each child academically and spiritually. My children are loved and treated like family. The education is excellent and technology is used in the classrooms along with a computer class. There are enrichment courses in Art, Library, and PE. Sixth through Eighth grades offers honors classes and an opportunity to earn high school credits for 8th graders. I feel my children are well rounded and ready for high school. SMM is home!

Posted February 21, 2014
St. Margaret Mary is an awesome catholic school! Both of my boys have been going there since they were in Pre-K and I've never had one complaint about their teachers. The teachers and staff at SMM really care about the health, education and spiritual well being of all their children. I would definitely recommend SMM to a parent wanting to send their child to a great catholic school.

Posted October 24, 2012
I have two children at SMM currently. I appreciate the teacher's attention to the children's emotional and spiritual needs as well as their academic needs. Additionally, I am so happy with the focus on values and on helping others who are in need. I am very happy with SMM! Go Chargers!

Posted October 24, 2012
I have been so happy with Saint Margaret Mary. The teachers level of compassion is above par as is the academics and teaching of core values. There is a positive energy running through this school and I feel lucky to be a part of it.

Posted November 01, 2011
My son has been attending SMM since Pre-k, he is now in first grade and I will never pick any other school for him to attend. The teacher's are great and really care for the students.They are strict but I believe that is what kids need. I love the school and would not change it for nothing! I'm very pleased with everything. And forgot to say my son just started first grade 3 months ago and he is reading at 40 words a minute.

St. Margaret Mary School 1

Posted May 16, 2011
SMM has forgotten it Christian values. My child has dyslexia and the school has totally failed her. Though they would only comply with a few of the intervention recommended, we found that even those agreed upon were inconsistently followed. If you are considering this school and your child has any special needs, I urge you to think again. This will likely not the best fit for your child. Socially there are bullies who, if your child runs up against, will make their life very unpleasant, to say the least. It has been my experience that the staff most dedicated to my child's best interests, have left, or are planning to leave (go figure). Please be aware that simply paying for a better, Christian education doesn't mean you will get it. I am very displeased with most aspects of what should have been a vey positive experience for my family.

St. Margaret Mary School 1

Posted May 16, 2011
The SMM staff only focuses on the above average students. If your child has any type of learning disability or challenge, these issues are placed back on the child. The principal specifically indicated on registration day, that their resources were limited to deal with learning issues. SMM wants your money, but doesn't want or desire to ensure the success of every child. When asked how the school handles students with issues like dyslexia, both the principal and teacher had no answer. When I inquired about joining the class to observe/assist, all I received was excuses. Also, don't be fooled regarding Christian values. I'm a catholic and selected this school to ensure my child received a Christian education. Yes, the students have religion classes and attend mass, but I guess SMM's version of a Christian education is not to support children with special needs. I believe Jesus healed and educated everyone including those with special needs. Lastly, I did contact the Archdiocese of New Orleans, requesting assistance and was informed that any help or assistance was solely at the discretion of the principal and unless the child was failing they could not help.

St. Margaret Mary School 3

Posted October 11, 2009

St. Margaret Mary School 4

Posted September 21, 2009

St. Margaret Mary School 4

Posted June 21, 2009

St. Margaret Mary School
1050 Robert Boulevard, Slidell, LA  70458
Last modified St. Margaret Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Margaret Mary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top