St. Amant Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted August 23, 2013

This school is wonderful! My daughter attends this school and loves it! The staff is great and really go out of their way to help you!

Posted April 2, 2013

This school has a GS rating of 8 and is classified as a B school by the state ranking system. It is also a Top Gains school. Both of my children went here and the administrators and staff have always been caring and fair toward students. They go above and beyond to assist students so that they are successful.

Posted November 18, 2012

Avoid this school if at all possible!!! We moved to the Gonzales area a few weeks after school started. Our daughter was in the 6th grade and loves school!! Or at least she did until we moved here. We have dealt with bullies and such at our last school and she had NEVER said that she did not want to go to school. When she started at St Amant, she NEVER had a good day. She was always coming home stressed out and depressed!! The final straw was when she told me that she did not EVER want to go back to that school!! We had no luck with the administration either. Such a shame as this are seemed to be a very family friendly area. I am very do appointed in myself for picking this school. I researched schools for months before we moved. I had a "gut feeling" about this school from the first day I went to go register my kids there. I just brushed it off as "first day jitters". I was soooo wrong!! We are looking at local private schools. Maybe the problems from the EBR schools are heading south as more people are moving out to surrounding areas. I don't know. PLEASE DO YOURSELF & YOUR KIDS A FAVOR & AVOID THIS SCHOOL IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!

Posted October 6, 2012

I was VERY disappointed in this school. We chose this school because of the reviews. This school is not a very friendly school to new comers. The kids there cuss all the time, even in front of teachers & nothing is done about it!!! Cell phones are allowed in school & classroom as long as they are on silent. Really?? After we moved them out, I went back and read reviews again & checked the GS rating.... some how I never saw that their grade GS rating was only a 5!!! NOT good!! So glad to kiss this mess of a "school" good bye!! Before you enroll your child her, tour the school & compare it to the others in the area (Dutchtown is AWESOME!!!) The school we moved from held the kids accountable for their actions..... not here!!

Posted August 3, 2012

My daughter has a mild learning disability and I must say that St Amant has gone above and beyond for her. She actually finished last year with a 3.0 GPA because of the dedication of her teachers, Ms. Haydel, Smith and Causey. I am very pleased with her education, the facility, and the faculty.

Posted October 1, 2010

Great teachers, Love the principal and looking forward to a great year. My son is doing very well here.

Posted May 20, 2010

It has a well informed staff and the ability to keep the students attention.

Posted March 10, 2010

This school is great. My daughter has so many things to look forward to (dances, games, etc.) I have to say the teachers are very dedicated to the students. Thanks.

Posted September 2, 2009

I attended this school and must say that there is none like it. I am moving back to this area just so that my kids can attend the St. Amant School district.

Posted May 25, 2008

As a formal student of the school myself. I know this school has to be the best in the parish. I must say alot has changed and its all for the good. My two daughters just finish 8th grade and my son headed to the the Middle school this coming year I am please to say I still love the school and the staff. Please dont change alway be your best

Posted April 27, 2008

The school is good. The faculty/staff is great! Student behavior might be a different story though. The school has structure and a daily routine that is easy to follow. Academic Success has become very important to the administration, offering Academic Success Enrichment to students that need it as well as 20 minutes of reading daily either before or after lunch (depending on grade levels). Each teacher is assigned to the subject that they are highly qualified to teach in.

Posted February 1, 2007

I think that this school is pretty good. They have good uniforms and a good schedule throught the day. They have well, educated teachers. I also like the after school activities that they offer also. I would enjoy more support from Parents, because it's like a thrill to the day. -Thank You
—Submitted by a student

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 70% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 65% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 68% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program (iLEAP) to assess students in grades 3, 5, 6, and 7 in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. The iLEAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana.

In preparation for new assessments in 2014-15, Louisiana is including more common core aligned content in LEAP and iLEAP tests in 2012-13 and in 2013-14. The percent of students earning a proficient score is expected to be lower as a result of this change.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 69% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 62% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 67% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 69% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 67% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the Louisiana Educational Assessment Program for the 21st Century (LEAP 21) to assess students in grades 4 and 8 in math, English language arts, science and social studies. The LEAP 21 is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana. The goal is for all students to score at or above basic on the test.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 50%N/A67%

• Christy Bourgeois
Fax number
  • (225) 621-2593

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

44317 Louisiana 429