Sulphur, LA
Students enrolled: 1,925

Sulphur High School 3

Posted November 14, 2014
Other then the principles and lack of security (they don't care if someone steals your stuff) it's a good school got a phone call one time my kid skipped a class to read I understand skipping is wrong but when the principle called me he said that my daughter was in the stair well with her boyfriend. When my daughter had skipped she texted me and told me she wasn't going to class she was going sit in the library and read. Now I believe that is unacceptable that the principle who is supposed to be making sure my kid stays out of trouble lied to me. To be sure my daughter wasn't lying I called her boyfriend parents am he wasn't even in school that day So other then the principles I believe it's a good school

Sulphur High School 4

Posted June 27, 2014
OFFERS THE STUDENTS TO BECOME VERY INDEPENDANT. LOVE THE TWO CAMPUSES THAT OFFER THEM TO EASE INTO THE HIGH SCHOOL WORLD.

Posted August 01, 2013
Sulphur High School was the best years of my life It is a five star scvhool

Posted February 19, 2012
The best school in the parish, and perhaps the state. A strong sense of COMMUNITY, does well in Academics, athletics, and student/parent/teacher connections. .It has a long tradition of excellence. All my children have graduated from there and I have 2 more.

Posted October 06, 2009
My years at Sulphur High School were the best years of my life. Sulphur is a tight knit community and the school is a very tight knit school.

Posted September 10, 2009
SHS performs well for a large school. The leadership is outstanding and the Ninth Grade campus is a huge asset.

Sulphur High School 2

Posted January 10, 2008
This is my 3rd child to be enrolled in this school. Although I have to admit things have gotten a bit better, I don't have much to say about the way discipline is carried out. I think that the entire system, including alot of the teachers (not all thank God), is bias and close minded. I pulled 2 out but the 3rd likes it.

Posted March 18, 2007
It is the best HS in the parish, perhaps the state of La. - hands down!! Education is #1 and there is a sense of community here that I have never felt before. I don't have to worry about my child, because there are teachers who care and other parents who would step up if my child needed guidance.

Posted August 31, 2004
I was very pleased to see that they have done a great job on our new school. We are looking forward to a wonderful year. The staff that we have will be just great for all of our 9th graders. My son has done nothing but rave about how great all of his teacher are this year, and that is such a big change from our past years at Maplewood Middle..boys can be boys...Thanks Cal. Parish for your investment in our childrens future, Sulphur needed this new school. Thanks Again.

100 Sycamore Street, Sulphur, LA  70663
Last modified Sulphur High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sulphur High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top