Zachary, LA
Students enrolled: 1,435

Zachary High School 2

Posted November 08, 2013
There is zero accountability within the Zachary Community School System. They care more about being #1 than the welfare of their students. Everything revolves around politics and the importance of the school's image. Their focus for the school year is prepping for the state test. Outside of that they are not taught much. Zachary students are not taught to use critical thinking skills and the admins have no desire to foster the spirit of the individual. They would prefer it if all students dressed alike, thought alike, and acted alike. Now that being said, there are good teachers who care within the school system. They do have an excellent program for gifted/talented students. The honors program could use some work and their selection of electives are decent. Zachary Schools are #1 and should be. They study for nothing but the test until around Mar./April and they are the only school within the system since they had themselves separated from East Baton Rouge Parish. Zachary is highly overrated. Claiming you're #1 in a state that ranks 49th nationally does not seem much of an achievement.

Posted August 30, 2013
It has fantastic teachers and staff that will help you with anything. Whether it's in school or out of school, you will always have somebody there for you. That's one thing I really adore about Zachary High School. One thing I think others should know about my school is that we are number 1 in the state the past 9 years. We work hard, we study hard, and we don't mess around. We get right to business. Our principal Mr. Watts is an amazing guy. He does so many different things for all the students. For example, at one of our pep-rally's. He rented a helicopter and flew onto the football field and he got DJ Earl from 94.1 to come to the pep-rally. Zachary High School isn't just about education, it's about living your life. But we do have amazing teachers that help us understand our education purposes!

Posted October 14, 2009
Zachary is the best school. We have our ups and downs and that happens everywhere. They are helpful and keeps the kids out of trouble. This is almost like collage the way eveything is presented. There is no time wasting because once school starts you do work bell to bell. Yes the have a few crazy rules but other than that the school is really great you should think about inrolling your child

Posted May 27, 2009
I think the school is just average. I find the administration and the guidance counselors to be snooty and have an unhelpful attitude. The only reason they are '#1' in the state is because there is only one high school and they teach to the test. Any school district sould be number one if they only have one school...Jeez.

Posted May 02, 2008
I bellive Zachary High school is the best school your child could ever attend in the state of Louisiana. If you are wanting your child to suceed in the future they should come to Zachary High School because their district is number one in the state

Posted April 17, 2008
I think that Zachary High is wonderful in academic and Football but they need more teachers who care about their students. Most teachers and the principal is more worried about being ranked # 1 in the district until they are putting students out of class and suspending them for just about anything. They say that they are there for the students but seems to me that they are thare just to keep a name for theselves.

Zachary High School 1

Posted January 31, 2008
Im am a student of zachary high. And I think that the school is very overcrowded. There is always construction going on around the school. Dont get me wrong though, there are some teachers that care alot about there students and want there students to get out of school but others just dont care about the average student. The principal is so worried about dress infractions, and getting to class on time that he doesn't even know your Submitted by a student

Posted September 18, 2007
I would like to commend all of Zachary schools for their hard work to be a perfect school system.I recently moved to Zachary and have 4 kids in different schools, and the teachers are great,they works together and keep me very informed on everything my children do. They keep an open line of communication with me.I appreciate that. I have to say the only other thing they could offer at these schools is for the teachers to come home with you.(smile) They are wonderful and very concerned about your kids and mine. I must admit their grading system I may never understand,they grade very hard, about college level, but I know my children will make it, and be very well prepared for college. Thanks Teachers falculty for caring for my children.

Posted September 06, 2007
My daughter is new to Zachary High School this year and has been placed in honors programs for most of her classes. The discipline is strict, which for this age group of teenagers, I believe is necessary. There is a diverse group of electives and groups for the students to join, including both art and buisness. The teachers all seem to be very caring and interested in the students lives. I am glad we chose Zachary High for our daughter. Great Job and congratulations to the teachers and principle for such a well rounded school. Robin Sharpe

Posted June 28, 2007
I think that the're better teachers now that we have The Freshman acadimy. those teachers are so determinded to get you through the 9th grade. Zachary High is one of the best schools in louisiana...

4100 School Street, Zachary, LA  70791
Last modified Zachary High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zachary High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top