Bangor, ME

James F. Doughty School 2

Posted March 28, 2011
I went to this school a few years ago and I thought that the current staff could do a much better job at acceptance and bully prevention seeing as how my little brother calls about six times a day because the bullies at the school will not leave him alone the other day he got beat up on the way home from school on the bus.

James F. Doughty School 1

Posted October 24, 2008

James F. Doughty School 5

Posted September 30, 2008

James F. Doughty School 5

Posted July 17, 2008

James F. Doughty School 4

Posted May 28, 2004
Our family has found that JFDS to be wonderful for our first son, who is an exceptional student and athlete, and he had a great time at this school. However, our second son has special needs and requires extra help and numerous accomidations, and the response of this school has been terribly disappointing. The administration and staff don't seem to care how much he struggles, and seem to put forth little effort to take any extra steps to help him succeed. We have had meetings, and I felt we were just brushed aside, with them telling me what they would not do for my son, and the principal not seeming to understand what my son is like, or needs. I work in a school district that bends over backwards to help all of our students succeed, including those with special needs. How disappointing that Doughty School doesn't make that effort.

James F. Doughty School 2

Posted March 18, 2004
My family has, unfortunately, had a very negative experience at JDMS. We have found the administration to be unresponsive and unyielding to parental requests for assistance in educating our children. This school is definitely segregated by socio-economic class, with the students from the higher stratus being given preferential treatment. Having a child with special needs attending this school has been an incredible challenge. Accomodations do not come easily no matter how simple. Overall, our experience has been a negative one. This is very disappointing after having an exceptional experience in the K-5 grades at Vine St. and Fairmount Schools.

James F. Doughty School
143 Fifth St, Bangor, ME  04401
Last modified James F. Doughty School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James F. Doughty School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top