Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

I have had no problem with homework. Some days a lot, some days a little.

Develops character: Disagree

This school doesn't develop anything but how to become tough and live in a harsh environment.

First off, I love Boothbay. But for many reasons I wouldn't recommend this school. If you're good in school, and leave, and even mention that school that you're going to is a bit better, everyone will say that you can do just as well in Boothbay if you try harder. Promising? No. So basically you have to rise above the average student in order to succeed. Although it sounds at first like a great initiative, if you think about it, kids and teachers are basically just saying the school sucks and you need to thrive in that kind of environment in order to do good things. Aka go to a Community College. The school has potential but it needs more teachers that haven't lived in the area their whole lives and are used to the student's lifestyle. Drugs, sex, etc. are things that any honest student would joke to you "Oh yeah, that stuff happens in the hallways there." Also "I don't know why teachers said High School would be hard, it's so easy here." Both things I've heard. So yes, if you want to learn to succeed in bad environments, this is the place for you. But why not rise above the average student at a school where the average student is on Honor Roll? Also, other schools that I've been to have been up to 4 grades higher than what's being taught at Boothbay. The only thing I learned here was how to become tough and stay away from people that you shouldn't hang out with.

As a student I am very disappointed in teachers here at my high school. They do not teach us how to do our assignments. Then they give us tests and quizzes, and expect us to do well on them. As teachers, they are supposed to teach the students how to do their work, and help them get the education they need. I have done everything on my part to get my grades up, I think its time for the teachers to do their job.

This school has a limited number of choices, and even with the choices given you can rarely get all the classes you want because of 'scheduling difficulties' which seems to be the excuse for a lot of things.

Last modified Boothbay Region High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.