Marshwood Middle School 1

Posted October 28, 2013
After hurricane Sandy hit our area, Marshwood Middle School was left with no power. Instead of informing parents of the situation they kept quiet and started the school day like normal. I received a text from my child explaining the situation and that backup generators had failed and that the school was dark and cold. While trying to get a hold of the school ( which I couldn't because their phone lines were down as well) I found out more information from our local newspaper. I went to pick up my son and demanded to speak with the superintendent who just so happened to be on vacation. It was afternoon by the time the school finally called, from an outside line, and told of the power problem... Weeks later... a child at the school threatened lives of other students and again I found out from the local news before I was given any information from the school. Parents took to social networks seeking information about the safety of their children. Days later, finally, information from the school. The lack of communication is disgusting!!! The bullying is another issue... Superintendent Nash needs to get her school system back on track! Disappointed!!!

Marshwood Middle School 5

Posted September 26, 2008
I'm new to this school (6th Grade) and I love it. Each community of kids are separated in to Marshwood colors, (Ex. 6th Purple, 6th White) Sure, maybe i'm separated from some of my friends, but they mix purple & white togeather in classes except for math and science. The dances are great, there's a DJ every time. At the end of the year, (around my or so) we even invite the 5th graders to the dance. Rock on MJHS!

Marshwood Middle School 4

Posted December 12, 2007
I just enrolled into this school and I really like it here. The Teachers are wicked awsome! The Dances are sooo much Fun, you will never want to leave. The allied arts soo cool! I alaways can't wait for them everyday. Everyone are very nice. The sports coachs are awsome.

Marshwood Middle School 5

Posted April 05, 2007
I am currently enrolled in Marshwood Junior high school in the 8th grade. I love it here. Each grade is split in half into two teams. This gives the teachers a chance to become closer to their students. We have assemblies where we have amazing guests, and wonderful motivational speakers. The pep rallies are also a blast! We have tug-o-wars and student teacher basketball games. The teachers treat the students equally, and I feel I learn a lot every day. The allied arts are great. We have art, guitar, home EC, gym, computer, Spanish, french, and more. Our sports teams do great and our girls B basketball team was undefeated, and the Boys A only lost a few games. The parent involvement is good too. We have student led conferences and meetings. The teachers give out their email for parents if they want it. It is really a great school.

Posted May 02, 2006
Someone told me that Marshwood Jr High was the weakest link in the school district.I now understand why they said this. My children have been miserable at this school. Both are bored out of their minds,(they are as different academically as night and day). The verbal abuse they have had to put up with by some teachers is appalling, the lack of discipline in the classrooms has been disruptive. Our input or suggestions that we are told are wanted go ignored or we are told 'that is not true', so giving any input is a waste of time. I have been completely disappointed with this school.

Posted October 19, 2005
We have been very disappointed with the lack of willingness within this school's administration to deal with students outside of the mainstream. The willingness and ability to comply with special needs of students is non-existent and there does not seem to be any interest in improving this situation. We believe that, for the most part, the teachers are quite capable. However, they are hamstrung by a lack of support from their Principal. If your child is already a straight A pupil who is extremely well organized, they may do well in this school. Otherwise, they will be lost. We are very active parents who have always volunteered in our childrens' schools. This school neither welcomes this nor knows what to do with it when it is offered. We are very disappointed.

Posted May 09, 2005

Posted December 04, 2004
I personally hate my school. This school. They seprate us into teams every year. They consit of 6-Marsh Hawks, Sparrows 7-Ospreys, merlins 8-Kestrels and Harriers Every year they get a new team with new people. Meaing we spend our entire year making frineds, only to lose them. There is hardly any contact between the teams. Also, the parent involvment is less than good. HTere is none, unless requested. Teachers are okay, they teach fairly well, but many favor their students, being unfair to others. As for the Principal...she is not helpful to my school. SHe makes it worse, thinking up outragous ideas, that never work. There is no support to the students, and after-school activites are only sports. Many extras or Allied Arts are useless to students. This is only my opion, but I know that many agree with me.

Marshwood Middle School
626 H.L. Dow Hwy, Eliot, ME  03903
Last modified Marshwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshwood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top