Bad
Good

After hurricane Sandy hit our area, Marshwood Middle School was left with no power. Instead of informing parents of the situation they kept quiet and started the school day like normal. I received a text from my child explaining the situation and that backup generators had failed and that the school was dark and cold. While trying to get a hold of the school ( which I couldn't because their phone lines were down as well) I found out more information from our local newspaper. I went to pick up my son and demanded to speak with the superintendent who just so happened to be on vacation. It was afternoon by the time the school finally called, from an outside line, and told of the power problem... Weeks later... a child at the school threatened lives of other students and again I found out from the local news before I was given any information from the school. Parents took to social networks seeking information about the safety of their children. Days later, finally, information from the school. The lack of communication is disgusting!!! The bullying is another issue... Superintendent Nash needs to get her school system back on track! Disappointed!!!

I'm new to this school (6th Grade) and I love it. Each community of kids are separated in to Marshwood colors, (Ex. 6th Purple, 6th White) Sure, maybe i'm separated from some of my friends, but they mix purple & white togeather in classes except for math and science. The dances are great, there's a DJ every time. At the end of the year, (around my or so) we even invite the 5th graders to the dance. Rock on MJHS!

I just enrolled into this school and I really like it here. The Teachers are wicked awsome! The Dances are sooo much Fun, you will never want to leave. The allied arts soo cool! I alaways can't wait for them everyday. Everyone are very nice. The sports coachs are awsome.

I am currently enrolled in Marshwood Junior high school in the 8th grade. I love it here. Each grade is split in half into two teams. This gives the teachers a chance to become closer to their students. We have assemblies where we have amazing guests, and wonderful motivational speakers. The pep rallies are also a blast! We have tug-o-wars and student teacher basketball games. The teachers treat the students equally, and I feel I learn a lot every day. The allied arts are great. We have art, guitar, home EC, gym, computer, Spanish, french, and more. Our sports teams do great and our girls B basketball team was undefeated, and the Boys A only lost a few games. The parent involvement is good too. We have student led conferences and meetings. The teachers give out their email for parents if they want it. It is really a great school.

Last modified Marshwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.