Bad
Good

My daughter's school; Holbrook, is full of inspiration. Their G& T program is incredible, a real teal effort. My experience is, focus and family involvement with the teaching team equals success. Feel entitled? Feel like sitting back and having an education handed to you ? THIS is not the place. Holbrook staff work hard to succeed, my kid works hard to succeed. The retirees in town, well they work hard to discourage so we need to become innovative and exceed expectations. The retirees want to pull any sort of funding for the kids for out future, that is so the wrong approach. HOLBROOK, SAD63, is innovative learning.

It has come to my attention that the administration makes a great effort to hide all inappropriate behavior that occurs at school. They do not tell parents when they ask for specific details of what problems their own child is having. They are completely lying in an attempt to help elevate the schools reputation. If a troubled student has a clean record in his file, then it is much easier to have them be accepted by the area high schools, thus eliminating the need to tuition students out to very expensive alternative educational programs. This is reason alone to dismiss the current principal and superintendent.

Holbrook is a great school with nice kids and many creative teachers... unfortunately there are a few on the board whose sole purpose of being on the board is to beat up the school as save themselves tax dollars. Has anyone noticed that the fabulous young teachers are leaving?? They are drawn away because this district refuses to pay them a competitive salary. ( our teachers are the lowest paid in the area) School boards are in place to support the education of our kids and the teachers who make it there life's mission to do so. Thank you to the chair and the handful of board members who do just that.

I think Holbrook is a good school. The teachers and staff are compentent and caring, and the principal is wonderful. Just because of a few squeeky wheels it has a bad reputation. Some of the people complaining of bullying do a lot of bullying themselves as adults.

Every time I talk to a parent, I hear more concerns about our school. I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that our school is out of control. The inmates are running this school. I couldn't agree more that the leadership in our school needs to be changed.

This is a middle school with poor leadership and guidance. There is relentless bullying and harassment by the students.

Best I could ask for. Caring staff and students. Lots of programs for any child to find their true passion. WONDERFUL!

My children have been relentlessly bullied at Holbrook. We have talked to the Principal, but he does nothing to correct the problems. Poor leadership. The good teachers are leaving as fast as they can. I am sorry I live in this district.

Last modified Holbrook School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.