Holden, ME

Posted June 22, 2014
My daughter's school; Holbrook, is full of inspiration. Their G& T program is incredible, a real teal effort. My experience is, focus and family involvement with the teaching team equals success. Feel entitled? Feel like sitting back and having an education handed to you ? THIS is not the place. Holbrook staff work hard to succeed, my kid works hard to succeed. The retirees in town, well they work hard to discourage so we need to become innovative and exceed expectations. The retirees want to pull any sort of funding for the kids for out future, that is so the wrong approach. HOLBROOK, SAD63, is innovative learning.

Posted May 18, 2014
It has come to my attention that the administration makes a great effort to hide all inappropriate behavior that occurs at school. They do not tell parents when they ask for specific details of what problems their own child is having. They are completely lying in an attempt to help elevate the schools reputation. If a troubled student has a clean record in his file, then it is much easier to have them be accepted by the area high schools, thus eliminating the need to tuition students out to very expensive alternative educational programs. This is reason alone to dismiss the current principal and superintendent.

Posted October 29, 2012
I think Holbrook is a good school. The teachers and staff are compentent and caring, and the principal is wonderful. Just because of a few squeeky wheels it has a bad reputation. Some of the people complaining of bullying do a lot of bullying themselves as adults.

Posted August 31, 2012
Every time I talk to a parent, I hear more concerns about our school. I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that our school is out of control. The inmates are running this school. I couldn't agree more that the leadership in our school needs to be changed.

Holbrook School 2

Posted August 30, 2012
This is a middle school with poor leadership and guidance. There is relentless bullying and harassment by the students.

Posted August 28, 2012
Best I could ask for. Caring staff and students. Lots of programs for any child to find their true passion. WONDERFUL!

Posted July 13, 2012
My children have been relentlessly bullied at Holbrook. We have talked to the Principal, but he does nothing to correct the problems. Poor leadership. The good teachers are leaving as fast as they can. I am sorry I live in this district.

Posted January 21, 2010

Posted March 10, 2008

Posted December 07, 2007

Holbrook School
202 Kidder Hill Rd, Holden, ME  04429
Last modified Holbrook School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holbrook School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top